Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

HubSpot updates
142 Replies
hvy_weight
Regular Contributor

I was told by Hubspot that this feature is now "Live".  However, the system is setup only for merging contacts, and so if you manually need to add an email address to a contact (something we do 100's of times a day on the phone), this is the process to an add an email address: 

(1) Create a new contact

(2) Add your desired email address to the new contact

(3) Go back to the original contact

(4) Click on Merge

(5) Find the newly created contact

(6) Merge

I would like to suggest that the capability extend to allowing the user to manually add an email address - the same when clicking on the "Phone" icon gives the user to manually add another phone number, clicking on the "Email" icon should allow the user to add another email address.

jhporte
Occasional Contributor

I would not call that a solution - I would call that a "work around" - hopefully that is not their final answer.  

eloyd
Regular Contributor

I hardly consider that a "solution."  More of a "cumbesome workaround."  I don't see why having a "email address 2" field is so hard?

macbikegeek
Regular Contributor

@hvy_weight Are you saying that the second email address from the merged contact is retained in the combined contact? All the merges I have done lose the second email.

eloyd
Regular Contributor

@roisinkirby No offense, but didn't you just provide a link to this same request?

hvy_weight
Regular Contributor

@macbikegeek yes, this feature has recently been released by Hubspot.

macbikegeek
Regular Contributor

@hvy_weight with all due respect, I just merged two contacts and the behavior is the same - the merged contact email address is gone in the merged contact.

hvy_weight
Regular Contributor

@macbikegeek I don't work for hubspot. I would suggest that you ask them why this is not working in your account.

BIF
Regular Visitor

We are desperate for multiple email addresses for a contact. We have cases with people with multiple records (multiple emails) and different HubSpot Owners for each record. They are receiving multiple communications from our organization, because of the different emails, and it's just not cool. 

paulanz
New Contributor

Creating a manual field for secondary email now....Yes to this g, for many reasons - social profile usually is attached to a personal email, people sign up to access marketing whitepapers/guides with personal/junk email, and we're a software company and need to track Google Play/Apple store related email which is 99% of the time is different to work email.  So benefits would be: more accurate tracking of prospect/customer activity. remove risk of overwriting email addresses due to zapier integrations...seeing all activity for customer/prospect properly, not divided across mutliple 'contacts'