Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

HubSpot updates
141 Replies
faithantion
Regular Contributor

I agree. Our CRM often includes more than one active email address for a single contact. The contact alternates which email addresses they use depending on how they are interacting with our content, and we have to manually merge the contacts every time that happens.

npruzaniec
New Contributor

Agreed with @eloyd, would be really great to have API support for this feature.

warfieldgb
Occasional Contributor

I am a new paid customer and like a lot of what I see, but I need to track Individuals. It's Customer relationship management, not email address relationship management. Almost everyone I deal with has at least one personal email and at least one business email. 

Ephemera like email addresses should not be the primary key to the customer record.

Having burned two hours of my life reviewing support forums, I have learned that people have been quite vocal and specific abou this for at least two years, and the reply from hubspot has been to completely misunderstand the point (perhaps on purpose?).

This has caused us to reopen the CRM vendor evaluation. 

eloyd
Regular Contributor

Yup.  No clue how Hubspot can be so well funded by angels and VCs - who rely on proper customer management - and then fail miserably to implement something so simple.  We've already moved on, since it's become useless to us.

jesse_AMPTAB
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, 

I just wanted to let everyone know that there are two ways to do this now. 1) (the old way) is to merge contact records. 2) the new way you can actually add a second email address on the contact page. When you go to edit the contact email address, there is an option to add a second email address. 

I don't know if you're able to mass import multiple email addresses but in my everyday experiences with this problem it has been resolved. 

Hawk-Steve
Esteemed Contributor

I've been thinking for a while now that this needs to be reposted as a new idea, I am not sure that idea statuses marked as 'delivered' are being monitored actively by Hubspot development. We have seen no activity from development since the 'fix' was applied.

If a HS team member could prove me wrong please do! Smiley Happy

kristibjornaas
Occasional Contributor

I know the secondary emails are now in the product. But is it working as hoped? 

SumpAlarm
New Contributor

It seems to be in our case.

Relative to incoming mail: If the user record has two emails, all correspondance with any of those emails shows up in the timeline under the contact. 

Relative to Outgoing mail: Only the default address is loaded on an email when it is started. If you want to send to both addresses that must be added manually (which is fine).

Overall, it does look to be working and we are glad to finally have the nuisance of duplicate records out of the way.

So Im glad it is fixed. I still cannot get over that this was considered a "feature request".  That was an arrogant approach. Very belittling to customers. But yes, seems to work.

ReUpEducation
Regular Contributor

Not on our case. Having two email addresses in the Email field breaks the Salesforce integration for that record, so if we merge two records in hubspot (which adds both email addresses to the field) we have to manually remove one of the email addresses or the record will stop syncing with Salesforce.

finnruijter
Occasional Contributor

Yes! Tried today if this was possible. Great idea.