Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

120 Replies
globalblurb
New Contributor

Yes I am also in this favour. Minimum 2 email addresses fielld.

JCalDigital
Occasional Contributor

No. This is a BASIC CRM NECESSITY. I've only entered a dozen deals into the system, and 2 people already have more than 1 email address.

As a consultant, I have 6 business email addresses. Every professional CRM from Nutshell to PipelineDeals to Nimble etc. all offer this core functionality. I'm sorry, but this pisses me off.

When we spend so much time to set up a system - even if free - & it's slapped together lazily because you don't care about your free users as much as you should.

Take a note from Google. Had their search engine sucked (you know... the product designed for free users) NO ONE WOULD HAVE USED THEM.

PS - My venting is in regards to more issues than just that. The entire layout of the Deals page is outrageously incompetent. Not really trying to be a jerk, but it's a little too obvious your team isn't trying very hard to improve, unless the CRM was launched this month.

Oscarrsm
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

this is a very important feature. I don't understand why the secondary email addresses are supported for the platform users and not for contacts...

TexKen
New Contributor

Is there a way to define more than one email address for a contact in Hubspot CRM?

ThomasP
Occasional Contributor

Good question. Interested and waiting as you for the answer Smiley Wink

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @TexKen @ThomasP,

Contacts in Hubspot can only have defined email address.  We have seen some customers create a custom property called "Secondary Email", but it is just a single line text field to store an additional email address.  The functionality of sending emails from the CRM or de-duplicating contacts would not work with a custom property like this. 

I'm not sure if something like this would work for either of you, but it might be something to think about.

I found this Idea on the previous Hubspot Ideas forum which requests that this functionality be added to the product.  I don't know if it is going to be possible for our product team to implement this functionality, but Please feel free to vote for the idea.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brett

ThomasP
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the answer !

Jose_Hernandez
New Contributor

I think it is critical to be able to link in a contact profile with their LinkedIn profile. Many individuals use their personal email address for LinkedIn and a different professional one. Adding a second field who is also used to search LinkedIn would permit to feed data from LinkedIn directly into the CRM.

Jems212
Regular Contributor

Badly required as it's currently tracking the one person as two different people and their notes and records aren't up to date if someone calls us we could be looking at only half their activity and notes as some activity might be saved in a work email and some in a personal email. thanks 

AllanArrow
Occasional Contributor

In reality many people have at least 2 emails: work and personal. I have 3 or 4. The bigger issue is when a customer sends me an email from his home email add, will the email properly attach to his record? Seems to me that hubspot, in this respect, might be poorly thought out. Why would having more than one email address prevent proper de-duping? Why couldn't de-duping be based on the field "email" while other emails could also be associated with this record? 

I just had a situation where a spouse emailed to ask a question. The family is registered under the husband's email. I added an "Email2" text field to my contacts and added the wife's email, but when I search, Hubspot can't find the record. This is a serious flaw in the design or coding. I should at least be able to search and find the record.