HubSpot Ideas

JKelleher

Ensure hidden multicheck fields don't overwrite existing data

When creating a hidden multicheck field on a form, the submitted data will overwrite rather than append to the data in the existing contact property. 

For us and many of our clients, this isn't the expected behaviour. They are expecting the hidden multicheck field to append data to the multicheck field. 

Can the forms tool be updated so that multicheck fields (at least in hidden fields) can be set to either append or replace? 

6 Comentarios
JBoot
Miembro

Yes completely agree! We discovered this issue recently by accident and couldn't believe it was overwriting by default. Please do provide the option to append or replace for form fields as it can cause us a number of problems where a contact needs to log multiple product interests. 

Kateattard
Participante

Also agree. It is causing some issues in our data. It would be good if you could choose what multi check fields do as is the case when you add it to a workflow.

FernandaPacheco
Participante

Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

My form is a registration form for events that occur annually. I don't want to lose the information about previous years' registrations but at the moment, if the same contact register for a 2021 event, this information will overwrite the contact's registration for previous events.

I'm using a multi check field and need the option to append info instead of overwriting. Thanks!

LucyMarie24
Miembro

I also have had a lot of our campaign data overwritten without realising until it's too late 😞 This functionality would be SO helpful!

danielrnorris
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

I am still shocked that Appending fields is not a system wide function! I literally have to create extra properties and run special workflows to update properties from form submissions. Please HubSpot give us this feature system wide!

Ann-KathrinG
Miembro

I also noticed the same problem today. It's a real shame that data is lost here, that's not what's actually the idea behind it.