HubSpot Ideas

Wschutt

Enrolling contacts at specific places in a workflow

It would be extremely helpful to our team to be able to enroll contacts at specific points in a workflow. It's been difficult for us to create work-arounds in order to do this, especially in workflows where many If/Then branches are needed. For example, in one case we wanted to send an email asking "Are you receiving our emails?" to contacts who didn't open the previous 3 emails. If they didn't open that email, we wanted to send them to a different workflow; if they did open it, it would have been great to send them back to a specific point in the same workflow. This has come up as a problem for our team in several situations. 

23 Comentarios
mecalagill
Colaborador

I can't upvote this enough!! 

A lot of time you have time sensitive workflows that you need to be able to add new people in - or have a criteria that if the contact has done the enrollment criteria that they be sent the first email and then join in where the rest of the group might be on the workflow. 

elisabet
Participante

100% agree with this Idea. I have spent a lot of time duplicating and recreating workflows for enrolment at certain stages.

toricook
Colaborador líder

Yes! This.

jdekorte
Miembro

This is a must! We have some complex  and long workflows running, moving people through the awareness, consideration and decision phase, but currently they have to be divided into (a lot of) different workflows in order for people to enter the workflow at different stages.

mrautt
Miembro

Sometimes workflows are data sensitive. Adding a new contact at the beginning just doesn't make sense. There should be an "Add Contact" button at each stage of the Workflow. Especially where there are delays.

You could even create two different types of workflows - dynamic (what you have now) and static, where when you add a contact, it adds them to the location of already existing contacts in the workflow.

Kriszti
Colaborador

Agreed with all of the use cases mentioned above! This feature would enable us to create workflows with higher complexity and save time

Would be so much better than breaking workflows into tiny pieces - what seems to be a workaround right now.

rachaelshaw7
Colaborador

Hi Everyone,

Upvoted this - yes please!

I notice complex workflows are the norm, an idea to reconnect branches is in planning.
It asks for branches to be reconnected to the main branch once an exception is dealt with - in most cases this would negate the need to clone branches over and over again - since this feature is in planning you could vote and request the branches connect to any section not just the main branch - if this would be of help to you.

I know it doesnt help with the enrolment issue, but in case your interested:

Vote here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/IF-branches-reconnection/idi-p/11322

Rachael

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
jtremblay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey everyone,

We don't currently have anything planned to solve this. However, if & when we come back to it, we will be sure to update this thread. Thank you for all the thoughts & context here.

Best,

Jesse

Undo
Participante

Gosh, I've needed this multiple times. It's so irritating to have to create a duplicate worflow with a tiny tweak just for a lead or two.

DLou
Miembro

I managed to enroll some contacts (with a deal associated) on a specific places in the workflow by:

1. Creating an IF branch. Here I set as conditions to be met something like Deal creation date before... 

2. Creating a step that points to the workflow where I wanted to enroll the contact.

3. Enroll them manually (not many deals in my case).

4. Delete the branch to put everything back where they belogn.

Just as a best practice, I realized that a workflow that is being iterated or created for the best time should always have a delay for X days as a last step to avoid this problem.

ALand
Miembro

Upvoting! Someone messed up and I'd like to enroll a contact at a certain stage!

MMalumphy
Miembro

This would be very helpful for nurture drip campaigns in workflows. Sometimes someone mets a goal of a workflow, sales reaches out, and they are not ready to buy but still want to receive our awesome content.

I'm admittedly suprised this isn't a feature yet - it would be awesome if the feature could be added. We can already see contacts in action if you have a delay set in the workflow -- having the ability to add people there would be a quick win?

RebeccaE
Miembro

This would make supprt so much easier.  It has my upvote

TCanning
Miembro

This would be VERY helpful as merged contacts get un enrolled automatically... and I don't want to send our contact the same initial email twice. 

asager
Miembro

This has my upvote as well. I have to manually send one of my customers all the emails in my workflow just because they accidently were enrolled on the wrong day.... super frustrating.

SNiessen
Miembro

Yes, very helpful

CImarketing
Miembro

This is very much needed!

TheBNPteam
Miembro

This would be an awesome feature! We have a membership sequence that matches a sequence in our app so it would be super helpful to enroll someone or remove and add to a different day of the workflow when something happens in the app. 

FMcCarthySD
Miembro

This would be super helpful feature 

Hildegaard
Colaborador

This would be super helpful