HubSpot Ideas

Siobhan

Enable the 'Available for Lightning Experience, Lightning Communities, and the mobile app' setting

When attempting to add the upgraded HubSpot visualforce page to a tab in the Lightning object Edit page in Salesforce, the visualforce pages are not available.  Please enable the 'Available for Lightning Experience, Lightning Communities, and the mobile app' setting to the HubSpot visualforce pages.  I would be nice not to be restricted to adding the visualforce page components to the already cluttered page layouts.  

30 Replies
bradmin
Key Advisor

While the Visualforce page works if embedded as part of a classic layout on a Lightning page, things work as designed, but being able to add HubSpot's pages as its own Visualforce component on a Lightning page would be a big win for those who want to design custom pages in Lightning.

jonathan_ada
Member | Partner

I was able to build a workaround for this. My use case was building a Lightning page on the account record (I can't confirm yet if it would work for other objects.

1. Build a new account field: 18 Digit Account Id
    CASESAFEID(Id)
    This produces an 18 digit version of the typical 15 digit Id - necessary for the api call that hubspot does.
  2. Build a new Lightning enabled visualforce page using the old api call as a template, but changing the id field
<apex: page sidebar="false" StandardController="Account">
    <apex:iframe height="315px" width="100%" scrolling="true" src="https://api.hubapi.com/sfdc/v1/visualforce/{!$Organization.Id}/{!Account.X18DigitAccountId__c}/{!$User.Email}" />
</apex: page>

Note: I had to add an extra space after apex: and before page as it wants to change it to an emoji

bradmin
Key Advisor

That's awesome, @jonathan_ada, thank you for letting us know.

FredTchang

yes, absolutely! Those of us who integrate with Sales really want the sales people to get that great Hubspot data. And we want to take advantage of what the newer Salesforce Lightning allows- greater flexibility. 

Come on Hubspot, you've already got a VF page, it's probably not that hard to make it work in a Lightning component. 

whartwell

Need Hubspot VisualForce page to be Lightning-ready! Please enable the existing VF page in Lightning or create a Lightning Component.

Thanks,

Wesley

MarcLester
Member | Partner

I just wanted to make sure the folks at HubSpot knew how simple it would be to resolve this idea and make the Visualforce pages available beyond the Details section of the page layout.  The checkbox I have highlighted in the screenshot below would just need to be checked for all of the HubSpot Visualforce pages for Leads, Accounts and Contacts.

Enable for Lightning.png

rwitt

This is a fantastic idea. Our lightning details layout is so cluttered it's unusable. Please check the box mentioned by @MarcLester 

cpieper

I got sales who want it on the mobile phone app.

I tried iframe and apex page within apex pages and hubspot code did not allow it.

So its left to hubspot to update this.

jonathan_ada
Member | Partner

It's frustrating that this hasn't been updated by Hubspot -- I've included steps to a workaround above:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Enable-the-Available-for-Lightning-Experience-Lightni...

cpieper

hey @jonathan_ada  tried that but it says Error: The installed managed class HubSpot_Inc.HubSpotController is not visible. Looked up the error message and it said it could be version missmatch on the apex. So tried to match it with the current working one (saleforce version 20) still nothing.

Adding Hubspot integration 3.0 to it as well.

Still nothing.

Reinstalled Hubspot last month to the latest version of the Salesforce addon, running winter 19 so all up to date here.

jonathan_ada
Member | Partner

Ah! Take out the 

extensions="HubSpot_Inc.HubSpotController"

piece entirely as all it does it replace the 15 digit record id with the 18 digit version. Since we'll still need an 18 digit version, do that on the record itself with a new formula field (as I outline in step 1)

cpieper

@jonathan_ada  it now displays in a section of the mobile app, except now it keeps asking for login credentials, when you try to add them it pops up a webpage outside of the mobile app environment.

Hardcoding a user / pass does not sound secure, suggestions sir?

DanielaFonseca
Top Contributor

Really hoping this will be a feature added to the HubSpot integration package soon.

ATol
Participant

It would be great to have this enabled so our sales team will be seeing the Hubspot widget as soon as they visit the contact or account page, in stead of having to scroll down a lot of info... please update this! Thanks 🙏

SMcWhirter

We are currently in the process of moving from Pardot to HubSpot and this is very disapointing as Pardot actually has this functionality and my users are used to it's location! I really wanted to avoid adding this to the details on my lightning page as it look awful, it's like going back in time to classic 🤮.

MarcLester
Member | Partner

@SMcWhirter check out @jonathan_ada's comment about a workaround. I used it and it does exactly what this would do if HubSpot would enable it for lightning in their package.

KGate

I'm currently looking at updating our Contact records to Dynamic Forms but looks like I'm stuck with a non-Dynamic layout without a Lightning component or any coding skills!

dan_found21

We're struggling with upgrading our layouts to the Lighting Experience for this as well. It would be great to have this given that the Salesforce Lightning App Builder is now at least five years old. Without this enabled, we're limited in how we can deploy the latest Salesforce Dynamic Layout features. 

JHinckley
Participant

We have been using Lightning Experience in Salesforce (SF) for sometime now. And now that we are utilizing HubSpot, we thought it would be a very simple and easy integration for our Sales & Service teams. We are finding that it is in fact a bit more complicated than simple API mapping.

That said though, for this particular fix, it seems very simple but requires HubSpot to make the change. I appreciate the various "workarounds", but we like to keep things clean and tidy in our systems and frankensteining workarounds cause for major misfires down the raod.

LPasma

Please figure out a solution to enabling the visualforce page to be displayed and available in the new dynamic form function in Salesforce.   At least have a lightning component we can add into our layout - even Mailchimp has this functionality.