HubSpot Ideas

Damien

Enable social sign in / sign up / login on landing pages and forms

With more and more people using mobile devices to consume content, it's time consuming and fiddly for visitors to your website to fill out a multi-field form on a landing page by typing in text on a small screen. 

Some other landing page tools (and standalone third party tools) offer a feature where you can have a "sign up using LinkedIn/Google/Facebook/Twitter" to access content, where it then connects with the person's chosen social account and pulls their name and email address (and any other info you choose) from there. 

This takes away the typing in of multiple form fields on a small screen and replaces it with a one click experience for users to access gated content via landing pages. 

Here is an example from an article discussing this as an easy way to increase landing page conversions: 

social login.jpg

This is not new technology (the above article is 3 years old). HubSpot's own blog has an article about this from 2014 as well. It would be great if this were a standard feature in HubSpot landing pages, and would increase conversions on most HubSpot users' landing pages.

20 Replies
TutorMing

I inquired about this feature a while ago too. I also believe this is a must for marketers that target consumers. 

PaoloN
CJBowen

As more companies switch to a mobile-first approach, it is CRITICAL that HubSpot address the challenges marketers face in this 1-click form fill idea (whether Linkedin/Facebook, etc).  Alternatively, HubSpot will begin loosing its PAID Customers shortly to its competitors who can address this need without delay.   As I have investigated, many of the large CRM competitors already have this 1-click feature built into their CRM platforms.  I'm told by my Sales Rep this feature is not even on the Product Roadmap at HubSpot.  FRIGHTENING!

Being a PAID customer, my thought is that HubSpot would stay RELEVANT, and even be a thought leader in its space promoting new products and services to help marketers compete and succeed.  I'm now faced with a choice of canceling HubSpot and retraining my workforce with a CRM that meets our needs, or continuing with HubSpot with subpar delivery of lead gen forms that do not meet expectations of mobile users (a multi-field form).  In the business world, few have time on their phones to fill in tiny fields with their big fingers.  I sincerely hope HubSpot addresses this concern sooner rather than later.   Even better if HubSpot incorporates email-auto-reply of lead gen assets to ensure email addresses are legit!  CJ

MJS88
Member | Diamond Partner

Old thread, but would love to know when this is available. 

mzebib68
Top Contributor

any update on this development idea?

CrunchyMuffin

Bump - I want this too!

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

+1

A bump from me too.

adriansprake
Participant

Hi,

We would also be keen to implemnet this functionality.  Any idea whether this is on the development roadmap?

many thanks

Adrian

LizaW
Participant

Hi, realise this is an old thread, but with this becoming an increasingly common form requirement for users, it would be appreciated to know when HubSpot look to address this integration. It is now becoming standard across other platforms. And data shows that a higher % of users will complete a form if the option is available. Therefore is becoming business essential.

tomdebakker

Any updates on this? Does anyone know if it's otherwise possible to connect a social sign in tool with hubspot forms?

Erik1
Participant

I am currently listening to the book, "The Conversion Code" which highly reccommends the one click integration with social media to significantly increase number of people filling out a form.

Lee86
Participant | Partner

Would love to have this available, any update from Hubspot team ?

nlafakis
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Why hasn't there even been an official response to this since 2017? Especially with so many people wanting this feature and possibly leaving the platform due to the lack of it's existance. I would think this was a top priority from a company that also follows the mantra of, "less is more," when it comes to conversion via forms. That would be the ultimate way in which to fill the form, two clicks and they're done!

Christian_Jorge
Participant

Definitely need this - current setup with a Hubspot form first, and then the social login on page two is killing my conversion rate..

RichardLongmuir

This would be an awesome addition we are hoping to use this with our guest wifi sign in/ sign up with the option to do so with Facebook or Google - https://clydemunrodental.com/guest-wifi-frederick-dental/

Hev
Participant

2022 and this is still needed more than ever

JHong7
Participant

PLEASE implement this. You're not worth thousands of dollars if your CRM cannot do basic tracking of user registrations. How's that not a priority!? I honestly am thinking of switching over bc of this issue.  It's 2022. Seriously. 

nlafakis
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes, quite honestly we all know the form fill is the one thing that stands in the way of someone connecting with our sites/pages/services/platforms. With nearly EVERY other web service using Facebook/Google as a login method, HubSpot is unfortunately behind the ball on this one 😐

Christian_Jorge
Participant

Because of the lack of a social signup function that works together with Hubspot forms, our signup flow for our app is **bleep**... 

I am paying a ton of money for Hubspot every month, and this has been asked for since 2017. Come on, just move on it. 

RAlport

This would be very useful and bring Hubspot in line with some of the competition who have been offering this functionality for many years.