HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Enable shorten link in plain text

Currently when plain text is sent, the link has UTM parameter to track the click/ID/source tracking. 

I understand it is necessary to track contact's activity. 

plain text link.pngHowever, we got a feedback from recipients that the long link will make it suspicious and hesitent to click on the link. (please see attached screenmshot: plain text link) 

Is there any way that we can make those link to be shortened link as social tool and trackin URL tool generate? 

9 Replies
Hubspotting101
Contributor

This almost seems vital in order get clicks, plus visually it destroys the ability to easily read the email.   

LeslieVZ
Participant

Agreed. I'm wondering if I should go set up bit.ly links to work around. But that's a lotta links!!

Dukester
Contributor

Was told by a hubspot support member that bitly worked but could result in being ID'd as spam by some filters, hence potentially reducing deliverability...

jasonweissbach

A hubspot support member told me that there is still no solution for this problem, unfortunately. There is also no integration available on the Hubspot Marketplace. It would be great to find a solution...

JHang4255

Yes, please! Visually the long links on the text emails are VERY messy or if there's a way to shorten the tracking parameters w/ a URL shortener like bitly.   

HCarney

Commenting to support this feature! This would be really beneficial. 

DanM

Hi @Dukester 

have you since tried using bitly or some other URL-shorting service, and have you experience any kind of decline in deliverability?

Do you know if this would be due to bitly specifically or does this apply to any kind obfuscation of a URL via some shorting service?

Thanks,

Daniel

NDLaRue
Participant

Would love to see these links shorter.. also curious about the deliverability using a shortner mentioned above. My audience is all devs.. plain txt is vital.

ABeney
Participant

Any update on if this is being considered let alone actioned? We cant send emails plain text looking like this, you can't read the email and unsubscribe links have to remain so we cant even remove them!