HubSpot Ideas

MCarter24

Enable reporting on marketing emails (exclude transactional emails)

Hi HubSpot team!

The data displayed on the Marketing Email > Analyze tab does not allow us to see metrics specifically on our marketing emails (i.e. excluding transactional emails).

That data is therefore of very little value for tracking marketing email performance because data such as open rates is significantly skewed by transactional emails (e.g. when a customer sets up a login to our portal).

Suggestion: On the Email type dropdown on the Analyze tab, add two categories:

• Marketing emails
  • Transactional emails

Here's a screenshot of where I am referring to in the UI:
https://app.screencast.com/PQR7nvFdwik6P 

The current filters available on the Email type dropdown are too granular (Regular, Regular A/B, Blog, Follow-up etc.) to be of use in answering the question, "How well are our marketing emails performing?" (If however, the Email type dropdown allowed multi-select (currently only one selection can be made), that might be a quick solution to this issue -- but the two additional categories suggested above would be more intuitive for users.

Hope that all makes sense. This, imho, is a fairly obvious feature for a marketing platform like HubSpot.

Thanks!

MC

3 Replies
AJonsson9

Wow, yes! I miss this possibility so much. Found your post when googling how to get around it as I was sure this must be a feature I've missed. 

Please Hubspot-team, plan this into coming developments. 

MCarter24
Participant

@AJonsson9 yes, for a marketing platform, seems like a missing feature to me too! If we can't see the performance of marketing emails, we're flying blind on improving results.

Rebecca_LIA

Agree this is crazy for a marketing platform. Potentially our marketing stats are including the likes of password reset emails which have zero to do with marketing campaigns. Please HubSpot add this feature a.s.a.p.🙏