HubSpot Ideas

rhelfst

Enable multiple layers of dependent fields logic on forms

As a small company, we work to create scalable forms that can be used internationally to minimize additional developer work and to globalize our automations. One huge flaw in HubSpot's lead capture forms is the lack of multiple layers of dependent logic. For example, you can currently have multiple fields dependent on one field, such as country. But you cannot have a subsequent field dependent upon a country-specific one. E.g.:

If Country = Japan show:
Are you working with a distributor? (Radio select yes/no)
If radio = yes
Select your distributor company from the dropdown menu:

This seems like pretty basic functionality that would go a long way to creating scalable processes with minimal data collection fragmentation. I was pretty disappointed as a HubSpot power user to see this limitation, as administering hundreds of region-specific forms across microsites is not realistic. 

21 Replies
jgeahlen
Contributor

We need this functionality as well for our order forms. 

alina_

We could really use this as well. A dependent field within a dependent field. 

KOUROMatt

Great idea! Would be really useful!

purdiesigner

I need this level of functionality too! Please!

CrunchedAdmin

Need this feature as well. Mostly for a mutli-layer dropdown selection but all field types would be nice.

For example:

Churn reason (dropdown selection)

- Missing feature

- Competitor-driven

- Loss of key user

If you select competitor-driven, then require next field:

Competitor (dropdown selection)

- Option 1

- Option 2

- Option 3

cjkappen
Participant | Diamond Partner

Absolutely could use this. I've ran into this limitation multiple times. 

Thanks!

jpeluso
Participant

We could certainly use this as well. Upvoting!

SheaDarlison

We could use this as well!

Javiera35

Could you please create the options for the dependent field after another dependent field? We need to have a better form otherwise we are not able to filter what we are looking for

tcxen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

We are keen to see this functionality as well.

Does anyone have a workaround?

SKealy
Contributor

Hi, wanting this to get floated to the top, is there a solution yet? **bleep** that I can't have a field for who referred you as well as 'other - please specify' under 'how did you hear about us'

Ryamak
Participant

Would also be nice to be able to have multiple dependent fields based on a selection. 

BBaumgardner
Participant

Agreed, this would be very helpful.

SarahMayo1
Participant

Hey everyone here, if you haven't already please upvote this same idea on this other thread (looks like that one is getting more visibility and this might get addressed soon)

Grita
Participant

A total MUST have for any form!
'Cmmon Hubspot, even Typeform offers this option 😉

DVoyta-Pet

Where are we at with this being implemented, Hubspot Team. Every form tool out there has this available and I was shocked when I tried to implement something this simple and it's not available. 

EDressler

we need this too! thank you!

YBaker15

I 100% agree. Why do we need to go through the effort of using another third party tool or integration when this is such a simple forms feature to have. Highly disappointed in Hubspot's basic features to be honest. 

KAnnaldas

Yes, please. the dependent field within a dependent should be a feature by now. This request was posted in 2019 it's been 4 years and yet no response.

SR24

Exactly to the point all the comments here! I just run into this same problem myself, and I just cannot believe, that a) Hubspot is missing this absolutely essential feature/function, and b) it's still missing after this original request, which was posted over 4 (FOUR) years ago! Plus, I don't see here even a one reply from Hubspot customer service. Wow. For the first time I am truly disappointed with Hubspot.