HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

Enable mass enrollment in sequences

It would be useful to be able to enroll several contacts at once into a sequence in Hubspot Sales. For example I may want to enroll everyone at company x with 50 employees. Currently I'd have to go through the enrollment process 50 times.

64 Replies
gwtuser

It' a key function and there are many companies that are small (such as mine) who still want to be able to use your systems but cannot afford the full package which includes the marketing element- for me it would not be worth the extra cost as I wouldn't use ANY of the other functionality other than mass enrollment. It should be available on sales pro as it's a key part of selling and sales management and not providing it just looks like the company trying to claw extra money out of people- keeping an essential functionality asidse as a carrot- it's frustrating. At least offer it as a bolt on for people who don't need everything else that comes with an upgrade- allow some flexibility so companies can use your system as they grow. I think better customer loyalty would be a welcome result. 

HRackley

It's really surprising that this isn't being worked on.

It's an incredibly important part of the modern sales function and Hubspot's refusal to work on it at the moment is really dissapointing. 

This is a functionality that is available in many other sales tools and you cna't really call hubspot a sales tool without it. 

sharefaith

Yes I am wanting to email over 300 contacts for a huge sale we are having and have to go through one by one, but still using the same template. Makes no sense!  Must be a simple way

nick23
Participant

100% agrree with this. This has been a huge issue with our company as well and needs imediate attention if hubspot would like to retain out business. 

Eumari
Contributor

Yes, very important to have. With volum of leads, some of them coming from basic lead forms, enrolling contacts individually in a sequence is just not possible, non sustainable. Please implement this idea!!

Nick28
Participant

I keep getting the same answer from then, "We believe in 1:1 conversations". 

Yeah I get what they think would happen through mass enrollment, However once some one replies it becomes a 1:1 conversation! Everyone who replies to an email, gets cut off the sequence, and we send a our own reply to them based what their looking for, or if they have questions.

I can mass enroll contacts through gmail, but will only send to contacts linkedin message box.

---->Can you at least make it easier to send a sequence in hubspot? For example, going to the list of contacts and clicking enroll in sequence one at a time, instead of having to go back and forth back and forth.

usadreamclean
Participant

This is an essential improvement. The absence of a bulk enroll (with appropriate guardrails) is KILLING me and my team. I would eventually have to look elsewhere for my sales/marketing needs if this improvement isn't on the roadmap within a reasonable period of time.

arlo
Participant

We have to use MixMax for this which for a sales team of 3 people means I'm spending an additional $2400 per year. 

Yesware is cheaper but not as good.

Please add this capability Hubspot team!

nstone
Participant

Can we see if we can get more momentum on this ideas. Please share the thread URL with your teams and ask them to upvote it. We need to get it on the roadmap.

Jstern

If HubSpot added this feature to bulk enroll contacts I'd say we would be locked in as a long-term customer. 

We are now currently looking into other tools to handle this. 

davidtaylorjr
Participant

Yes PLEASE enable this.

MBoothie
Participant

I'm surprised this isn't a feature already. This is forcing me to look at other products and away from using Hubspot...

arlo
Participant

Hubspot not only hasn't added this but they've further hobbled their sequence tool with mandatory unsubscribe links. There are plenty of use cases where an unsubscribe link is inappropriate.

Product wide, Hubspot is of the mindset that the mail is going through their servers, even when it's not (e.g. gmail, sending through a 3rd party mail system).... Enforcing policy and restricting bulk ads makes tons of sense if the mail is going through your servers, but if it's not your mail server, it's kind of not your business.

I wouldn't hold your hopes out on this.... A crafty developer could make a nice chrome plugin that would solve this though and probably sell it for $100 per seat.

-A

nord1322009

Sending one sequence/email to multiple recipients at a time is required 

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks -- Scott from the product team here. 

We have an early version of a new "quick-send" feature as part of sequences, which will minimize your time spent doing sales outreach while giving you personalization and recommendation tips to boost response rates.

If you're interested in getting early access, please fill out this form. We'll be slowly granting access as we work out the kinks and implement feedback. 

Quick Sending.gif

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello all,

I am reaching out on behalf of the HubSpot Product team to inform you that this idea: Enable mass enrollment in sequences is Not Currently Planned. 

This is because the ability to enroll mass lists of contacts already exists as part of HubSpot's Marketing Hub. The HubSpot Sales Hub & CRM Free features are designed specifically for one-to-one email communications between sales teams and their leads/customers. The HubSpot Marketing Email tool allows businesses to mass enroll subscribed contacts into email campaigns. Email Marketing is currently part of the Basic, Pro and Enterprise packages but stay tuned here for updates r.e. Marketing Free and Starter. 

Our Product Manager @sjudson has announced a new Sequences feature that is In Beta which enables users to select a group of contacts, and quickly personalize and send sequences to those contacts individually. Quick sending is a playlist or task-queue like sending experience for sequences paired closely with email recommendations.  Here is a peek at how it works:

Quick Sending.gif

If you have any questions, feedback or would like to find out more about this feature and how to drive value from your sales emails please reach out to Scott directly by commenting on this idea: Quick sending in sequences
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, I wanted to let you know that email marketing is now available with HubSpot Marketing Hub Starter. If you have questions for the Product Team specifically about email and or marketing best practices post your questions here

dleitch

To increase the usability of sequences, and inprove the efficiency of using this tool, it would be great if we could enroll contacts from a list.  Enrolling contacts individually/checking the box for each contact to mass enroll is very inefficient.  

Our team produces contact lists, scrubs the list, and then wants to enroll everyone left on the list, except...HubSpot doesn't support that.  Why?

keriestewart
Contributor

yes please. 

i encountered this issue this week. 

we sent a newsletter to database via a marketing email. and got a great response. 

first problem was we couldnt see a list of contacts that replied (another issue and have voted on a seperate idea) 

but if i did have a list of contacts that replied, i would want to mass enrol them in a sequence. 

as it stands, i have to open each contacts email in gmail, respond, then start a follow up sequence in hubspot crm. 

tkachukp

Use case: we have deals in a certain category/deal stage.  We would like to enroll the contacts in those deals to the same sequence (personal offer + a followup).  I want the emails to be sent from my inbox not as a marketing email with an unsubscribe button.