HubSpot Ideas

sspinolaNG

Enable adding local keywords, tags, categories, or descripters to social media posts

I'd like to see a HubSpot Social feature providing a mechanism for applying descripters (aka, keywords, tags, metadata, etc.) to social posts for sorting, filtering, and reporting within HubSpot and for use use locally (i.e., not published with the post).

There are things I'd like to report on that aren't easily or appropriately included in the copy of the published post. For example:

• Does it provide actionable or strictly educational content?
  • Doe it address strategic corporate initiatives such as diversity or community outreach?
  • Which strategic content pillar (or pillars) does it fall under?

This could be addressed with a field on the social publishing pane that allows the addition of descriptors.

The feature should allow:

• Applying a tag while creating a post in HubSpot Social
  • Applying a tag to previously published posts
  • Changing the tags on a post after publication
  • Creating pre-defined tags for selection or auto-fill
  • Searching for posts with specific tags
  • Reporting and filtering on specific tags against existing social metrics (published posts, interactions, clicks, shares, impressions)
  • Exporting tag data for each post when exporting social posts

I could also envision this feature being similarly helpful in blogs and separate from the existing published post tags.

Thanks!

1 Reply
AMcCloghry

Oh my gosh! This is exactly the functionality we need as well!!

We are currently tagging companies in our Social posts & associating the campaigns, but because we are tagging multiple companies - we can't report accurately on the number of times we've mentioned each company.

We are having to manually go thorugh all our monthly posts & count the tags/mentions :-0Painful.

Please HubSpot could you allow us to add attributes to a Social post - it would open up the functionality a lot!!