HubSpot Ideas

JoanneTapping

Enable Ticket ID to display in subject line of all email comms within a ticket

Whilst the Ticket system is useful, when you have 150-200 tickets in varying pipelines within ServiceHub can be confusing when searching for a particular ticket.

It would be immensly valuable to include the Ticket ID to all subsequent emails from that initial customer contact within the subject lines. Regardless of whether we contact the customer or the customer contacts us through the same ticket thread.

It would also be useful for the customer to be able to'mention' the ticket id in their subject line, so that if they can't find the original email thread in their inbox they can email but still include everything involving the same query in the one ticket thread. Rather than start a new ticket for a query that is already open.

If this can be set up as a property within settings in HubSpot so that you can choose as a HubSpot customer whether you set it up as part of a pipeline. This would be fab!

This would enable us to quickly track queries, and reply to clients with relevant responses much faster. 

The current ticket system we are using alongside HubSpot called FogBugz allows both the features above. Across all roles.

69 Replies
JByrne

+1

CGCognidox

I agree with cognidox_vittal

ATL
Member | Platinum Partner

We need this!!

FDigital

Thumbs up x 1000

super essential!

MLillesand

This is essential. I don´t think we will use Hubspot without it. What kind of ticketing system doesn´t have a numeric ticket ID?!? Hello? 

Halli
Participant

Any info on this? i need this yesterday

TRAMA

This idea is mandatory to be implemented and delivered!

FStrach

I can only agree with the above!
At the same time, this idea has just not enough upvotes. I talked to the HS support and they advised that in average an idea takes one year to be analyzed and implemented. Taking this into account it could take a long time before even reaching the radar. Funny though, if you consider that the HS chat/ticket provides you an ID.

MichaelC
Guide | Partner

Well we need this too. Its interesting how HubSpot handels their support tickets better then the service they provide in the ticket options. 

We need to have ticket ID in the email subject or in the email footer as an option. 

It simply does not look professional not to use it and it becomse very very messy without it when we have a lot of customers. 

CBeatty4

Yes! This is really an essential piece of providing ticketed support to clients. Please, HubSpot! We need it!

KWoodman

We have received client feedback that the lack of Ticket ID in emailed replies from Support tickets is very confusing and this is generating red flag/negative feedback results.

Implementing this feature is pretty essential. Please can this be developed!

LFrench

I agree with the UX comments mentioned previously and would also support formating the number a little more clearly (for me, at least):

For example

[725-362-185] ... rest of subject line ... 

or

[72536-2185] ... rest of subject line ...

rather than 

[725362185] ... rest of subject line ...

danielganoza
Contributor

This is LFresh
Besides, it is very important to identify duplicate cases, which increase every day, so it will be easier to combine them

Halli
Participant

Why is this not an option yet?

AFreemerman
Participant

please add this feature. what it the point to do it manually, Manual work just leads to errors. 

LindaMunetrix
Participant

I agree.  This is a standard feature in most modern ticketing systems like Zendesk, Freshdesk and Sales Force.

OMcLean7

Definitely need this - (kind of surprised it's not already there) All of our previous systems had this functionality and customers are frustrated that it's no longer there.  Makes it difficult for them and us to easily find things. 

RonPedersen

Yes, ticket ID automatically in the subject line is crucial in a good ticketing system.

AndrewArbs
Participant

Needed

abockler1f
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'm working with a client who would like to see this added!