HubSpot Ideas

Kristin

Enable Salesforce Event Sync to HubSpot (e.g. Meetings)

Currently HubSpot is not configured to allow users to sync Salesforce events with HubSpot - so the data contained in events cannot be mapped. We would like to use HubSpot to send our clients reminder emails for upcoming appointments automatically so the branding is consistent and to avoid client communication within Salesforce.

The event information could also be used to automatically follow up with people after a meeting or certain type of event, send related content (or avoid sending content), and so on. Without event sync I can't have HubSpot integrated properly with the entire client experience.

28 Replies
vinnypoliseno

I'd like to echo this request. Right now when a Meeting is booked it creates a Task within SFDC. Which is great that we are seeing this activity but since there is a Date & Time this should leverage SFDC's Event Activity type versus a Task which is just a Date.

I would be nice if at the creation of the Meeting you can select the Type field to say Meeting 1 is always used for a Demo, Meeting 2 is always used for Proposal Review, etc. Great start to this tool but quickly seeing limits that my sales team is already complaining about.

JoeRoberts
Participant

I'd love to see this idea come through. We run events as most of our business, and manage registrations through Salesforce. Having this integration would allow us to automate a big chunk of pre and post event communications that are currently done manually. All the 'thanks for booking online!' and 'reminder: your event is tomorrow' type comms.

Would require syncing of all three levels: Events, Event Sessions and Event Registrations.

mpike
Contributor

Yes - I'd like to be able to sync meetings booked on the Hubspot side to Salesforce as an event, rather than a task.

Syncing it as a task is pretty useless since A) it doesn't block off time on the calendar and B) doesn't have a time associated with it.

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

this is important!

OWMarketing
Participant

This would be a super useful option to have, as then you can tailor re-engageemnt workflows based on whether someone did or did not complete a full conversion e.g. book a meeting, download a freebie, request a trial etc.

Product team - this would be a strong addition!

josephine
Participant | Partner

It is important to sync SFDC events to Hubspot meetings from both sides as reporting should be made available and be consistent across both platforms. 

chris_e

We would like the ability to map an event created in SFDC to map to a HubSpot property.

Svetatbutton

It's been three years since this post went up. I'm surprised that Hubspot hasn't found a way to sync Salesforce meetings/events to HubSpot considering this is an important part of the sales process. Please make this happen!

alexgendes
Participant

yes! would also benefit from this update. We need it so that we can nurture depending on the event interaction the sales rep has had with the lead/contact

brandy_asplundh
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there, 

Thank you for this idea. We do see the benefits of adding this to the integration but we don't have any plans to add this in the near future. 

We will update this post if we have any updates on this idea. 

Best, 

Brandy 

TheMarketer

Same here, I'd like for Hubspot to be able to sync SFDC events. This is especially useful to automatically remove from an email sequence a lead that had booked a meeting with a salesperson. This is not something that can be automated currently.

CVera
Participant

We are also trying to create email nurture workflows based on if a contact has scheduled a meeting or not with our sales team by reading the SFDC events. Doesn't make for a great experience when they are in nurture flows they don't need. 

mpike
Contributor

@CVera We've set up a workaround to deal with the problem you are describing. In case this is helpful here's what we have been doing. I created a Salesforce last activity field in Hubspot and synced that to the last activity field in Salesforce. That lets me supress folks from my workflows based on that date field. It's not perfect, but it has mostly worked.

jbear

Echoing that we would like the ability to map an event created in SFDC to map to a HubSpot property.

ringer135
Participant

Upvoting now. This is currently a problem.

KDineen

Upvoting as well. Our sales team is finding it very challenging to track events since Hubspot only marks this as a task. It is very critical for us to be able to track these meetings on SFDC. So far, this has not helped us automate this process.

DPeer

UPVOTE: Incredibly important for us, that's how we document SDR meetings in SF. 

ALu

Upvoting as well - Pretty critical feature for us to stop workflow sequences when customers book a meeting.

SiniKerman

Upvoted as well 🙂 this is becoming more and more critical, especially as we're onboarding our BDR team into Sales Hub.

megannorris
Participant

I'd like this feature so I can send slack notifications when meetings are booked. Upvoted!