HubSpot Ideas

Beefy80a

Enable SSO for Professional Plan

With more businesses now moving to cloud apps and businesses looking to secure these SSO should be available on some of the lower tiers not just the Enterprise tier. With the likes of Azure Active Directory, G Suite, Okta etc more midsized businesses are also implementing SSO not just top tier enterprises. The price difference between professional and enterprise is to prohibitive for a SME to use enterprise with Hubspot. Hubspot also feature on https://sso.tax as one of the worst offenders for price to enable SSO.
35 Replies
ImportA340
Participant

I agree with the above. Of course if it could be included in Professional Tier at no extra cost, that would be ideal. I am also open to paying for it as a separate "option" at a reasonable price for our small organization, but was told that is not possible. We don't need any other features of the Enterprise tier and the cost difference is prohibitive. 

Muzzar78

I agree SSO should be available on all tiers at no extra cost given most small companies are using a number of SaaS services. Is there any chance this will happen for Azure AD? So many companies use Office 365 and being able to integrate with Azure AD simplifies account management and improves overall security.

DWilsonBE

New HubSpot customer here.  We Agree that SSO needs to be available at the Professional Tier.

Strangely the Google button is appearing on the app login screen. And it works for us on the professional tier.  But we need Office 365 SSO as we are migrating away from Google.  This seems like a strange situation - Google SSO is available, but to configure any others requires a huge upsell to Enterprise?

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 9.40.38 pm.png

volkerschaberg

I agree with this 100%.  SSO and MFA features protect access to client, sales and marketing data in Hubspot.  ONe would think that as a cloud service provider, Hubspot like other cloud service providers would provide SSO and MFA capabilities as part of the platform , not in their top tier Enterprise edition.

Security and data protection is a global community issue to deal with and HubSpot should really be more responsible and community minded in this area.

Unfortunately I am sure it will take a high profile customer data leak to change minds.

SHarp

I agree 100%.  SSO and MFA should be an integral part of Hubspot. 

adang98

Agreed. SSO and MFA are a must.

Beefy80a

I still agree that this should be on lower tiers however we have extended the website that we run on Hubspot and now use the CMS Enterprise which has ironcially given us SSO and that is far cheaper than getting Marketing Enterprise if you simply looking for SSO feature you could look at adding CMS Enterprise while still an extra cost and far form perfect but is a much cheaper way to add SSO.

To be honest the SSO offering in Hubspot is not great as you still need to actually manage the user in Hubspot there is no JiT adding of users, group syncing or SCIM but it does add the extra protection we wanted and fortunatlly we do not have many user changes.

joehutchings

Would make your product more secure -- agree 100%!

Tcerwinske

I agree. In todays time, security should be at the forefront of every cloud service provider. SSO and MFA should be a given.

JamesNZ

This is really a must have feature for us (professional). Would make such a difference to user experience. I think HS is about the only thing I use throughout the day that I still have to log into. 

DCox8

Yes, agree SSO and MFA would be a very beneficial.

CMiles

I agree 100%.  SSO and MFA should be an integral part of Hubspot. 

DDahl

I think it's a shame for data security to be provided only to higher tiered clients. The option to have SSO should be a baseline expectation, and a standard in our industry. 

TyroneNZ

Great idea. I also ask the product team: What could you implement or add around this idea, or connected with security, to not merely add feature parity, but make it a market leading proposition? Equally, what can you add to the Enterprise Edition at the same time to protect the value proposition for Enterprise, and as a thankyou to your Enterprise customers that may have gone E. for the SSO? 

Blair

SSO is table stakes when it comes to security. It should not be limited to the Enterprise bundle, which is unnecessary or out of reach for some of us. Security in the cloud is a shared responsibility between the cloud services provider and the business that subscribes to their service. It's essential that we, HubSpot subscribers, have the ability to manage and secure access to our HubSpot account and its data with SSO.  

These days, security/compliance teams are looking hard at business partners/vendors to determine who is risky and who is not. 

TBritting

1000% agree with everyone on this issue. I work for a mid-size (200+) IT managed service provider where SSO and cloud security are paramount to our organization. We obviously take data security and compliance very seriously and enforce SSO and MFA for our main CRM. We use HubSpot Professional for all our marketing and sales efforts with a relatively modest team of about 15 users. Placing a paywall on an industry standard security feature at the Enterprise tier is frankly an insult to cloud service providers and acts as a serious barrier to entry.

At the very least, provide the option to add SSO as an addition to all tiers - although in my opinion it should absolutely be included at the Professional level. Otherwise, you may want to rebrand it as "Mediocre" to avoid confusion.

To be clear, I love HubSpot and essentially live and breathe it daily. But charging a 6300% increase from base cost to enable SSO on a community-centric platform that claims "your business runs on trust, that's why it runs on HubSpot" is missing the message.

kol

Just adding my +1 to this conversation and keeping this thread alive. I agree with all the points made by @TBritting above. SSO should be accessible to all tiers.

MDahan

I would actually counter that SSO needs to be in free version as well as any other tier and not a paid feature!

The world is changing. Security is top of mind for every company, be it a large corporation or a small startup. SSO is no longer an "enterprise" requirement. Every company, especially with remote working being so common these days, has this requirement as a basic stop-gap entry point.

Now from a sales momentum perspective, a free customer that would implement SSO is more likely to upgrade when needed to a higher tier than one that didn't. Think about it!

SWenet
Participant

I work for a seed-stage security company that is <25 people. There is no way we could possibly afford the Enterprise Package but security (and thus SSO) is foundational to our business... this should be in Professional for sure but it should actually really be in the Free Ttier. Since many of us are building software solutions, we all know that adding SSO adds no additional costs to Hubspot. The idea that security is an enterprise-only concern is a very antiquated way of thinking at this point. 

Interstingly, Hubspot claims the #1 spot on the "SSO Wall of Shame" in terms of % cost increase required to get SSO, coming in at %6300... Imagine the marketing campaign Hubspot could run when they handoff the #1 spot to ReadMe once the add SSO to all tiers! 

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 2.13.10 PM.png

AQT_MKr

+1 Upvote // @rad Any way to get an official update on this? Can you at least offer some kind of "work-around" or possibility to license this feature separately?

This is clearly a customer need and there a several threads here where people ask for this!