HubSpot Ideas

paulkenworthy

Enable SSO for Private knowledge base articles

The ability to require users to have a login to access private knowledge base articles is extremely useful when you want to provide support to your end users with information that you don't want on the open internet.

It would be extremely helpful for the end user if the login they use to access those private knowledge base support articles could be the same login that they use for our own product and website.

I think this would cause users to use the support articles a lot more, but also allows us to directly link to, and closer integrate the support articles directly into our product so that relevant articles are right there where and when end users might need them, and with a single click they can then access that information, without having to go through another login first. Overall this should be a significant improvement on the experience for the end user and provide them much better support.

Atualizações da HubSpot
October 12, 2020 05:12 AM
Status atualizado para: Delivered
October 12, 2020 04:15 AM

Status atualizado para: In Beta
September 09, 2020 06:00 AM

This is currently in public beta with an ETA for full release on 9/30/2020.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
April 22, 2020 03:54 AM

We are currently working on bringing SSO functionality to Knowledge Base. We will post more information here as soon as it's available.

25 Comentários
paulhd
Membro

Zendesk has something similar and it makes for a far superior experience than having to login twice. https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203663816-Enabling-JWT-JSON-Web-Token-single-sign-on

finn
Top colaborador(a)

Agree

phshipley
Participante

I would just offer, the pain point is the lift it would require to onboard customers on logging in to a separate site. We already put enough attention into the onboarding of our actual services, so adding this layer is more complex.

michelle_2n
Colaborador(a)

I agree as well. It is not very friendly to have the user create and remember two separate log ins. Totally not realistic here. That means that we also have to maintain an updated list of approved users. Also not scalable. 

Status atualizado para: In Planning
goconnor
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

We are currently working on bringing SSO functionality to Knowledge Base. We will post more information here as soon as it's available.

finn
Top colaborador(a)

Would very much like to participate in any upcoming beta.

michelle_2n
Colaborador(a)

Wonderful! I would also be interested in participating in a beta program if available

tmcp
Participante

I'm researching KB tools right now and lack of SSO support in Hubspot KB is deal breaker for sure.   Hope that "coming soon" isn't months away.  

Cathy_White
Participante

Wonderful! Keen to be involved in a beta program too 

finn
Top colaborador(a)

I heard from a source that Hubspot is thinking of only releasing this upcoming functionality to Service Enterprise customers, not Service Professional. As a Service Pro customer this will continue to render the knowledgebase absolutely worthless to us, as only paying customers should have access to our KB, and we really cannot ask them to have one set of credentials for our application and another set for accessing our KB.

We need SSO.

danjamescrosby
Participante

Same situation here as @finn - we are a Service Pro customer and without the ability to use SSO for private resources, it's pretty useless for us. We use SSO for all our other customer platforms, even some free/open-source solutions so when it's available we'd expect to be able to use it on Pro level.

expr3ss
Membro

I definitely want to upvote this issue with two thumbs and two big toes.

An alternative in which a call in to a HS API can return a one-time authenticated, tamper-proof URL linking to a specific piece of content is worth considering, perhaps?

Thanks for considering.

finn
Top colaborador(a)

@goconnor Any news?

bb_truudigital
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

@goconnor Do you have the latest on this? Lots of requests.

Smarter_Drafter
Participante

@goconnor, been nearly 5 months since you announced you were working on this feature.  Couldn't agree more that this is a pretty critical improvement and for a company that's focused on customer experience, I would have thought it would be something you're looking to offer ASAP?

Status atualizado para: In Beta
VictoriaGumaer

This is currently in public beta with an ETA for full release on 9/30/2020.

robertw
Membro

Hi,

Will this be released today? I can't find it anywhere.

Status atualizado para: Delivered
VictoriaGumaer

robertw
Membro

Cool. Can you post a link to an article on how to implement the SSO with our own product/website?

/Robert

VictoriaGumaer