HubSpot Ideas

bradongarley

Enable SSO for Private Content Only

Let's say you wanted to use HubSpot to build an intranet.

Having private pages, a private site, a private blog, or a private subdomain that can only be accessed by registered employees is possible.

Now what if you wanted to use Okta SSO?

Currently, Okta SSO only works to sign in users to the backend of HubSpot.

I'd like to see HubSpot create an option to use Okta to login to private content for accounts that are not users of the HubSpot tools themselves.

Basically, an employee can use Okta SSO to login to view private content even though they're not a HubSpot user.

10 Replies
paulhd

Zendesk has a similar feature and it's not tied to a particular SSO vendor https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203663816-Enabling-JWT-JSON-Web-Token-single-sign-on

finn
Top Contributor

agreed

huntermgorman
Contributor

@bradongarley I love this idea, personally!

To add, I think the ability to control the auth for private content would be awesome for a number of use cases in addition to just internal SSO.

We use private content for internal users, customers and other external users such as vendors, etc.  Would love to integrate Okta SSO for internal users and our own Auth0 for external users as they have already created accounts for our other tools, etc.

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is now in beta with an estimated release date of 9/30/2020.

finn
Top Contributor

@VictoriaGumaer

How does one join the public beta?

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

@finn if you DM me your HubSpot account ID (and your email address for documentation) I'd be happy to add you to the beta.

JKrantz
Contributor

is this still in beta? if so , would like to test out!

GrumpyHippo

@JKrantz did anyone contact you on this?

Different use case from above where they are talking about employees accessing private content like an intranet. We are setting up a new business unit and would like to use Private Content to manage our Knowledge Base so that customers/users of each Business Unit only see the information relevant to them (if Hubspot offered option of two Knowledge Bases within a portal whereby a single article could be shown on more than 1 Knowledge Base it would be better, but in absence of this, and not wanting to get an additional tool, Private Content seems like best option)

Ideally access to the Knowledge Base private content would be via SSO to our platform for each Business Unit. So in short, we want a solution for customers/users - not employees - to access Knowledge Base when they sign-on to our platform.

Ashley4

@GrumpyHippo I have found something similar here provided by miniOrange. Maybe you can check with them: https://plugins.miniorange.com/hubspot-single-sign-on

eterobby
Participant

It seems like this now exists as SSO for Memberships, which is apparently available for CMS Hub Enterprise.