HubSpot Ideas

CGoodwinOlsen

Enable Playbooks for Custom Objects

We are working with a custom object ("Projects") for our post-sales Delivery and onboarding process.  Playbooks are available on all standard objects (Companies, Contacts, Deals, Tickets), but not Custom Objects.  This would be such a game changer for our team to have access to Playbooks - all the users of our custom object have paid Service Enterprise seats to access other paid features like snippits and templates, but we're really missing Playbooks on this custom object.

1. WHO: users of custom objects, in our case - post-sales Delivery, for whom Deals and Tickets aren't quite suitable objects to use.
  2. GOAL: leverage Playbooks to embed working instructions in a custom object, and standardize the collection of critical data properties during the various pipeline stages for the custom object
  3. VALUE: easy onboarding of new team members, structured gathering of information and notes/documentation
  4. EXAMPLES: literally the same way Playbooks can be used on Contacts, Companies, Deals, and Tickets 😁
25 Commentaires
arlogilbert
Contributeur

100% agree on this as being necessary and likely an easy build for HubSpot.

EmilyN3
HubSpot Employee

I work with HubSpot Support, and had a customer reach out asking for this feature, and it would be amazing to see it implemented 😊 

JP13
Membre | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Agree with this idea, it would be great to see playbooks for custom objects.

AKitay
Membre

This is exactly the feature I am looking for! We have Applications (a custom object) that are associated to Contacts.

Contacts can have multiple Applications. We are looking to use playbooks to store Application information that is asked during a call using a playbook. 

We cannot save the information to a contact, as one contact can have different information for different Applications. 

Any workaround for updating a record property on a custom object while using playbooks?

HFoote
Participant

Agreed, we need this!

GDubois
Membre

Yes - this would be very beneficial. 

Benjaminrogers
Membre

Yes this would be very beneficial, particularly as the original poster suggested, as a "how to" guide for the proper use and formatting of custom objects

rmrepko
Membre

Great idea

HSalvo
Membre

My company needs this functionality as well!

HFoote
Participant

Any updates on this?

JWarren7
HubSpot Employee

I'm a support rep here at HubSpot and I've had this request come up frequently. This would be a great functionality to implement!

jonmartin1
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would be super useful as often custom objects are leveraged for onboarding, or managing ongoing processes with data collection as part of them. 

Ellesyanna
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would be very helpful!

AdamClarke
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

This is definitely needed! We have clients that need this feature. 

ktclayton
Membre

Would be extremely helpful.

TNadolski
Participant

Couldn't agree more! What's strange is you can now have playbooks with properties that write to custom object properties but somehow you can't display the playbooks on the right sidebar of a custom object. Seems a little backwards. 

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

Good idea!

MaartenDeGroot
Membre

Needed!

SEMcCullough
Membre

This would be an amazingly useful feature. Can't hand-raise enough on this one.

GrantCarlile
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Yes please. The purpose of having a CO would be that there's a unique use case, such, there needs to be playbooks that help users walk through using that object.