HubSpot Ideas

CDanielson

Enable Newly Republished Blogs to Be Included in Blog Digests

As per best practices (https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/guide-to-updating-republishing-blogging-content-ht), we periodically revamp/update old blogs and republish with a new publish date. We use the Hubspot feature that automatically generates a new monthly blog digest to our subscribers for all blogs posted in the previous month; however, any republished blogs don't appear (so I feel it's a missed opportunity to re-communicate).  As per the link above, it's recommended to manually email subscribers with new update; however, I would prefer if there was a field or option we can 'check' when we change the publish date to indicate that we want the revised blog to appear in the digest (vs having to do it manually). Hopefully I'm not the only one that would find this helpful! 

4 Replies
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @CDanielson,

Thanks for submitting this suggestion! My team will be making a change that will address this and a related issue where it's not clear to users if/when a social media post will be published when backdating blog posts. It's hard to say exactly when this update will happen, but I expect it will be within the next 6 months or so. I'll be sure to update this thread when I know more. 

All the best,

Snaedis 

NO2

@Snaedis Any updates on this much-needed feature? With updating old content being such a key content marketing strategy, being able to easily include those updated posts in blog digests for our subscribers is key. Looking forward to hearing the latest! thanks! 

PatrickBPR
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi @Snaedis,

Same question - Are there any updates on this matter?

And an idea for a workaround solution until this feature is live:

Archive the blog post you want to republish and set up the updated blog post with the same URL again. Change the URL of the archived blog post (since the system will tell you that there cannot be two identical URLs)  and publish the updated blog post. That should trigger the email to the subscribers again, correct?

The question is: Will this have any negative consequences (sitemap, rankings,...)?

What's your opinion on this matter?

Cheers!

Patrick

breadchastick03
Participant

We're also looking for this feature as well!