HubSpot Ideas

Otterbot

Enable Dependent Display Text in Form

We would like our form to be able to use dependencies to display a rich text message (rather than an input field). 

Because we get many inquiries via our contact form, we want to be able to guide people to right place - sometimes an FAQ or an email address is best for their issue type, rather than a form submission. This type of conditional display text is a standard option in other form builders.

24 Replies
mhandford

Great idea! Sometimes it's helpful to preface dependent form fields with some explanatory or heading text.

jmoss

Yes! We need this feature to discourage current customers from filling out forms and requesting access to products for which they already have access.

AGreening
Participant

I would like to support this idea. Dependent content (text or images) within a Form can be just as useful as an additional dependent FIELD. The most effective Forms permit communication in two directions, not just mindlessly harvesting data from the user.

JDonald1
Participant

Ditto- our use case is to add a hyperlink to a rich text section in the form as a dependent field triggered by logic to reveal when a condition is met. We will require a W9 form to be uploaded via the file field but also want to provide a link to first download the form to fill out prior to uploading it. The other option would be to add a field type where it could access the document saved on Hubspot for download and make that available to be qeued for use as a progressive field.

KatiePureStake

This is a huge problem for us as well - users fill out "contact us" forms for basic info that is available on the website

ELinkous

Absolutely agree with this! The ability to include conditional rich text notes based on a previous selection would be an incredibly helpful feature in forms. 

Babis_Mate
Contributor

I totally agree with this idea. It's crucial for us, and other tools like formstack support it.

TomasKristiansn

Yes, this feature is a must! Shouldn't be too complex for HubSpot to fix this.

Dallenback9
Participant | Partner

Sad to find out that this isn't an option, I came across this to see if there was a solution for it. 

TGB-LC

A must-have!

AHaverling
Participant

+1, I have multiple clients that would love this option too. 

RBrecknell

Disappointing this isn't already offered - seems a straightforward subset of the existing functionality that would offer a lot of flexibility.  Hoping it gets added.

ChristianDDX

Also desiring this feature to be implemented.

jessedpeters

Please prioritize. This will help disqualify potential leads before making them wait for a workflow email... a much-needed feature to aid in customer experience. 

DLentjes
Participant

Need this future!!

HuyVo2112
Member | Gold Partner

It would be nice to allow adding text after a field is selected to inform users what are the next steps based their given inputs.

MLuther

I would like it to do a couple of things including displaying a unique block of text dependent upon a location and I would also like it to display a unique hyperlink depending upon a location selected... amongst other things.

C_Drey
Participant | Platinum Partner

Please prioritize this; displaying a custom message based on a form selection is desperately needed by more than one of our clients.

helen_c
Participant

We would also love this! It would be a HUGE help in managing leads/signposting prospective partners to the right place and improving lead quality. It seems like a fairly standard form functionality? 

amy_cm18

Agreed with all the other replies on this idea.