HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
November 18, 2021 08:35 AM

Hi All,

We recently rolled this out LIVE to all pro+ portals. Thank you for all your patience and interest in this project.

Best,

Shane Janssens

Status atualizado para: In Beta
January 13, 2021 04:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your pateince here. I am ecstatic to be updating this post to "In Beta" today. We rolled this feature out to a list of Beta users from this morning. If you want to be added to it please reach out to support and they can request it through the proper channels. 

We know this has been a very popular request and the team have been working so hard to deliver this as fast as possible. We hope to be rolling it out to a wider audience in coming weeks.

Best,

Shane

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 05:25 AM

Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
November 23, 2020 03:50 AM

Hi All! Again thank you for your patience on this feature. Again we are almost there with some final checks and tests. We hope to have this released to Beta next week. I will update this post when it is live. Please do reach out to your CSM if you want to be part of the Beta - By this I mean send an email to support and they can add you to the Beta list.

We are really excited to get this out after months of hard work by the team here.

Thank you!

Best,

Shane Janssens

November 13, 2020 08:56 AM

Hi All, 

I just wanted to update the recent questions @petersherlock93 , @jmcguire20 , @stuartborders , @JPD123 

We are in final testing here. expecting to release to beta group in late Nov. If you want to get siogned up for Beta please reach out to your CSM and they can add you to list.

I commented with updates but they seem to be lost in thread. Sorry about confusion.

Best,

Shane

September 30, 2020 01:36 AM

Hi all,

Quick update here. Again thank you for your patience and feedback here. We are currently moving to testing this feature. It will take a bit of time as it is a big change on the email infastructure. I will update here as soon as it is in Beta. I wont give an exact timing as it depends on what we find in testing. Anyone who has signed up will be in the first release group, if you have not asked support for this please reach out and they can add you to the beta list.

Thank you, it is very close now.

Best,

Shane

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
September 09, 2020 06:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your interest and comments in this forum. I am the Product Manager on Marketing Email and I wanted to jump in here as I have been closest to this project for past few months. We are so close, we had hit a couple of small bumps that set us back with the complexity of this build. We are in the final stretch and we are talking about delivering this in September. We have had 2 teams involved in building this and we are so excited to release the Beta as soon as we can. I will update this post as soon as it is ready for beta.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in this project.

Best,

Shane

July 24, 2020 05:46 AM

Hi folks - Jumping in here again from the HubSpot Product team. I want to apologize for how long this has taken. This work is in progress and is a high priority for the team. Unfortunately, we have hit a number of snags during the development of this, which is slowing down the release. Hopefully in another month or so we should have clarity on timing. I'll post here as soon as we have more details to share. In the meantime please feel free to keep commenting, and upvoting the post.

April 20, 2020 01:58 PM

@btuttle279 Absolutely - just sent over a message. We can jump on a call and walk through what this will all look like! 

April 20, 2020 12:57 PM

Hi folks - Just posting a quick update on this thread. We are still focused on this project. Waiting on a couple of the backend changes to wrap up before we move into a Beta. Unfortunately, the work took a bit longer than originally anticipated. We are targeting getting the feature into a Beta this quarter (hopefully sometime in late May/ early June). As we roll out the Beta I will announce that in this forum, and post a form for you all to fill out to join. So hang tight for that!

We are very excited to get this one rolled out to you all and to start collecting feedback on it.

February 26, 2020 09:16 AM

Hi Folks - 

As @Shay mentioned I will be taking over this thread. I wanted to post an update and ask a couple of questions to the group here. Here is the basic functionality we will be supporting in the Beta:

• A simple 50-50 split between 2 variants 
  • Ability to start and end tests on the same automated email (without cloning and republishing). 
  • Ability to see a history of the tests run on that automated email. 
  • Manually choosing a winner based on open/ click data. 

When digging into this project we realized that AB testing for Automated emails differs from regular 1-off batch emails. The main difference is that Automated emails have the potential to last forever. Thus we needed to support the ability to start and end multiple tests on an Automated email. Tracking those changes and tests over time. Here are some questions I had for the group:

Q1: How do you all keep track of the different experiments and tests you have run today with Batch Email? Or with other tools (website pages, CTAs, etc.)?  

Q2: Are their other metrics that are important to picking a winning variant other than Open & Click information? What are they and how do you solve for that today?

Q3: What are the other important pieces of functionality that are missing from above? And which are the most important to you? (ex/ configurable percentages, multivariant, calculations to pick a winner, ability to have HS pick a winner, etc.) 

We are getting very close to having a Beta. Once we have it I will post a form in this thread in order for you all to join. We will then be quickly iterating and adding more advanced functionality.  

February 14, 2020 08:09 AM

Hi all! Two quick updates for you on this:

Number 1: Progress is going well, we have our new A/B framework in good shape and at the moment we're focusing on the new in-app features needed to begin/end and analyse this new type of A/B test for workflow emails. This is a big update on what is currently available for batch emails, and will give you the ability to end an A/B test and start a new one on the same email without needing to rebuild the email over and over again. Getting very close now! 

Number 2: Moving forward this feature, the updates on it's release and all feedback will be handled by my colleague @jaleonard19. Jake is also a PM here working on our marketing email tools and has actually been the one spearheadding this feature for some time now so you'll be in great hands. 

Jake is currently working on our release plans and will be sharing a public beta signup form with you all as soon as it's ready. Thank you all again for your feedback and suggestions. Looking forward to seeing the impact this will have for you all.

December 19, 2019 01:57 AM

Will do @petersherlock93

December 11, 2019 03:32 AM

Will do @EJVFernyhough ! We'll be sharing a beta sign up form with everyone on this post when it's available so everyone will have the opportunity to sign up once it's open.

December 11, 2019 02:40 AM

@AJernigan can do Smiley feliz

November 18, 2019 07:12 AM

Hi @ridingforlife I can definitely share more. At the moment we're making good progress but factoring in the upcoming US and EU holiday season it's unlikely that we'll be hitting beta-ready in Q4 but safe to say that we'll have a beta in Q1 2020. As soon as we have an open beta we'll offer it up to everyone in this thread to give it a try. 

November 04, 2019 09:20 AM

Hi all, just to keep everyone updated on our progress here, we've been making decent headway with the infrastructure planning and development roadmap for this feature and are making meaningful progress towards a beta.

There's still a lot of moving pieces here so we don't have a concrete date on when we'll be opening up a beta but I wanted to keep you all in the loop and confirm that we're definitely focused on this and are actively working on it.

August 14, 2019 02:27 AM

Thanks @petersherlock93! Just a case of good ol' miscommunication 🙂  The "on pause" here just means that we were still deep into the infrastructure and reliability work needed for this (and other) functionality. It was by no means deprioritised or taken off the roadmap, just needed to get the ordering right on the priorities to make sure we didn't put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak.

August 13, 2019 10:39 AM

Hi @petersherlock93  (and all following along). I can confirm that this isn't the case, A/B testing of automated emails is still very much a priority for us.

For the past few months we have been focused primarily on work on the underlying infrastructure of email, to ensure speed, stability and reliability of the overall platform and user experience. We're nearing the end of this work right now which enables us to continue to build on top of the email tool and makes it possible for us to build more net-new functionality in a stable and scalable way, A/B testing of automated emails being a great example of that. 

While there hasn't been much news on this specific feature lately, it's something that is very high on our roadmap and now that we're seeing results from our infrastructure and performance work we're able to refocus our efforts on bringing these new features to the product. Rest assured that it's still something we're focused on. 

While we aren't yet at the stage of a beta for this feature, I'd recommend checking out these resources (one and two) from the HubSpot blog that provide interim solutions and as soon as we have a beta that's available for everyone I'll share a signup form for everyone here to try out. Thanks again for your feedback and for keeping the momentum going here. 

Status atualizado para: In Planning
January 29, 2019 01:39 PM

Hi all, I wanted to share a quick status update with you on this. We've spent some time researching options for this feature and are making good progress. We'll soon be heading into a dedicated research phase and as we get close to a beta of this we'll open it up to everyone on this post to get early access. Please do keep your feedbac/upvotes coming, we really appreciate it.

November 16, 2018 02:07 PM

Thank you all for sharing your feedback and use cases on this. The product team is currently thinking about how to solve this, and will post updates here. 

April 06, 2017 05:05 PM

A/B testing an entire workflow to see what places could be improved to improve conversion rates.

293 Comentários
codipeterson
Participante

@jaleonard19 and @Shay  please send the BETA form to me and my team. We are very excited for this feature. This is a much needed feature that will dramatically impact our marketing efficacy.

Aelia
Colaborador(a)

Following. Recently migrated from Marketo to HubSpot and was shocked to find no a/b testing for automated emails. Those are like 80%-90% of our emails. I hope the new feature gets here soon (and is available to Professional, not just Enterprise) 😄

jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi folks - Just posting a quick update on this thread. We are still focused on this project. Waiting on a couple of the backend changes to wrap up before we move into a Beta. Unfortunately, the work took a bit longer than originally anticipated. We are targeting getting the feature into a Beta this quarter (hopefully sometime in late May/ early June). As we roll out the Beta I will announce that in this forum, and post a form for you all to fill out to join. So hang tight for that!

We are very excited to get this one rolled out to you all and to start collecting feedback on it.

btuttle279
Colaborador(a)

@jaleonard19 We are excited! Can we get a few sneak peeks and see a little how things are going to look? Super excited for this, thank you for all the hard work of you and your team.

jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

@btuttle279 Absolutely - just sent over a message. We can jump on a call and walk through what this will all look like! 

viclac
Membro

Hi @jaleonard19 , 
Would it be possible to get some insights about the AB Testing feature? Is there an early access to the Beta versions I can access to? 

Cheers

Victor

petersherlock93
Participante

Hi there @jaleonard19 super excited to be a part of this beta! Please loop us in when testing becomes available, cannot wait to start levearging this in our automation.

So so so so so so so so stoked on this.

piercleo
Participante

Same here, very interested to be a part of this

benoite
Participante

Any update on this  @jaleonard19 ?

LauraBlack
Membro

Following for updates. Can't believe this isn't already a feature.

kmorrison
Membro

I would love to participate in the beta test. My team was just talking about how badly we need this feature so this is great timing. 

petersherlock93
Participante

Excited for this feature please keep us up to date when this beta is scheduled to release.

abbybarsky
Membro

I'd love to be part of the beta for this feature. My email is abby@dapperlabs.com. Thanks!

petersherlock93
Participante

Any updates here?

Aelia
Colaborador(a)

Hey any updates on this?

helloterence
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

I'm so excited about this.

Job1234
Membro

Sign me up for beta please 🙂

evilc79
Membro

Sign us up for the beta testing!

Elsssss
Participante

Can there already be given an update on this development? Would be great to use it! 

LukasBras
Participante

Any updates on the ETA? Late May/ early June was mentioned, is this still the case?
I'd really like to be added to beta as soon as it's rolled out.