Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

HubSpot updates
Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emailsHubSpot Product Team
2 weeks ago

Hi all! Two quick updates for you on this:

Number 1: Progress is going well, we have our new A/B framework in good shape and at the moment we're focusing on the new in-app features needed to begin/end and analyse this new type of A/B test for workflow emails. This is a big update on what is currently available for batch emails, and will give you the ability to end an A/B test and start a new one on the same email without needing to rebuild the email over and over again. Getting very close now! 

Number 2: Moving forward this feature, the updates on it's release and all feedback will be handled by my colleague @jaleonard19. Jake is also a PM here working on our marketing email tools and has actually been the one spearheadding this feature for some time now so you'll be in great hands. 

Jake is currently working on our release plans and will be sharing a public beta signup form with you all as soon as it's ready. Thank you all again for your feedback and suggestions. Looking forward to seeing the impact this will have for you all.

Dec 19, 2019

Will do @petersherlock93

Dec 11, 2019

Will do @EJVFernyhough ! We'll be sharing a beta sign up form with everyone on this post when it's available so everyone will have the opportunity to sign up once it's open.

Dec 11, 2019

@AJernigan can do Smiley Happy

Nov 18, 2019

Hi @ridingforlife I can definitely share more. At the moment we're making good progress but factoring in the upcoming US and EU holiday season it's unlikely that we'll be hitting beta-ready in Q4 but safe to say that we'll have a beta in Q1 2020. As soon as we have an open beta we'll offer it up to everyone in this thread to give it a try. 

Nov 4, 2019

Hi all, just to keep everyone updated on our progress here, we've been making decent headway with the infrastructure planning and development roadmap for this feature and are making meaningful progress towards a beta.

There's still a lot of moving pieces here so we don't have a concrete date on when we'll be opening up a beta but I wanted to keep you all in the loop and confirm that we're definitely focused on this and are actively working on it.

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks @petersherlock93! Just a case of good ol' miscommunication Smiley Happy  The "on pause" here just means that we were still deep into the infrastructure and reliability work needed for this (and other) functionality. It was by no means deprioritised or taken off the roadmap, just needed to get the ordering right on the priorities to make sure we didn't put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak.

Aug 13, 2019

Hi @petersherlock93  (and all following along). I can confirm that this isn't the case, A/B testing of automated emails is still very much a priority for us.

For the past few months we have been focused primarily on work on the underlying infrastructure of email, to ensure speed, stability and reliability of the overall platform and user experience. We're nearing the end of this work right now which enables us to continue to build on top of the email tool and makes it possible for us to build more net-new functionality in a stable and scalable way, A/B testing of automated emails being a great example of that. 

While there hasn't been much news on this specific feature lately, it's something that is very high on our roadmap and now that we're seeing results from our infrastructure and performance work we're able to refocus our efforts on bringing these new features to the product. Rest assured that it's still something we're focused on. 

While we aren't yet at the stage of a beta for this feature, I'd recommend checking out these resources (one and two) from the HubSpot blog that provide interim solutions and as soon as we have a beta that's available for everyone I'll share a signup form for everyone here to try out. Thanks again for your feedback and for keeping the momentum going here. 

changed to: In Planning
Jan 29, 2019

Hi all, I wanted to share a quick status update with you on this. We've spent some time researching options for this feature and are making good progress. We'll soon be heading into a dedicated research phase and as we get close to a beta of this we'll open it up to everyone on this post to get early access. Please do keep your feedbac/upvotes coming, we really appreciate it.

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you all for sharing your feedback and use cases on this. The product team is currently thinking about how to solve this, and will post updates here. 

Apr 6, 2017

A/B testing an entire workflow to see what places could be improved to improve conversion rates.

181 Replies
EmilJepsen
Occasional Contributor

We would also like to be added to the beta test! Smiley Happy

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Will do @petersherlock93

Brenda
Occasional Contributor

I'd also like to be added to the beta test, please.

Irmelin
Occasional Contributor

Please invite me to the beta! Smiley Happy

FILMPAC
New Contributor

Looking forward to this Shay!

Khircia
New Contributor

@Shay sign me in, please! Smiley Happy

maxwel
New Contributor

Hi ! Do you have visibility regarding the launch of this functionality ???

thanks a lot 

SamLee123
New Contributor

Excited to beta this!

petersherlock93
Occasional Contributor

So stoked on this feature! @Shay any updates to report back on here?

wiebke_m
Occasional Contributor

Please also invite me to the beta test. 

GLC
Regular Contributor

Please can i be invited to the beta test too!

FILMPAC
New Contributor

Yes, please invite me as well. Looking forward to this. Any launch timing ideas yet?

EduAizpun
New Contributor

Thank you for the update, Shay,
I'd like to be part of the group trying out the beta version as well Smiley Happy
Looking forward to start testing!

kichavez
New Contributor

I also agree that HS needs this functionality and would like to be part of the beta testing for the feature. Thank you!

stephentradify
Occasional Contributor

We just built a new email sign up flow and realised we can't A/B test headlines. Looking forward to the beta.

esivertsen
Regular Contributor

We would also like to be part of the beta!

BR;
Eivind

btuttle279
New Contributor

I would love to be a beta tester on this! Eagerly awaiting the beta sign up sheet. Thanks!

sshearer149
New Contributor

I would also like to be included in the beta. Thanks!
When should we expect to receive additional information on this?

Leah2
Occasional Contributor

this has been in the "planning" stage for at least 2 years, ive stopped holding my breath.

TheoB
Regular Contributor

Hi, is there any way to remain notified about actual developments with this feature but not receive constant emails from people just wanting to be included in the beta? I would unsubscribe but we really want to use this as soon as its available.