HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

293 Comentarios
sarahcocos
Participante

@APlocinik completely agree with this point- it would be great to have the ability to add these into multiple workflows instead of cloning and recreating for each. 

KadyJWhite
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Elite

I came here to search for this idea and am so glad this is now in beta!

fkosarek
Miembro

I'd like to be able to A/B/C/N test (specifying a % of traffic to each variant) instead of being limited to a 50:50 A/B.

kaussie5
Miembro

So it looks like the Beta that was released only works if you have a Sales professional plan. What are the plans for rolling out this beta in the Marketing hub? It's kind of odd to be that this was only rolled out for Sales hub since I assume a lot of folks in the Marketing hub would want to use this feature. 

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@kaussie5 it's marketing hub only for this beta - please see the knowledge base here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/automate-ab-emails-with-workflows

🙂 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Commenting for a customer here.

Currently, both versions of the emails must be assign to the same campaign. My customer is tracking revenue from emails through HubSpot's campaign tool via google analytics. As such, it would be great if we can enable different campaigns for each version to track their respective revenue.

Thank you!

TSaleh
Miembro

I was chating about this with hs support... I can´t find the A/B option in my automated e-mails.... only in regular e-mails. 
Is this funcionality still in beta? How can I access it? Or was it removed for good? 

Cooper17
Participante

Would be great to see a feature that enables metric setting for A/B testing automated emails in workflows. I know that my email opens are doing well for an email type but for example what if I would like to A/B test the CTA in my email. Would be great to have this feature. Also would be nice to see both emails from within the workflow. I wasn't sure mine was working at first because I only see version A represented in the workflow. 

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
Shane_Janssens
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi All,

We recently rolled this out LIVE to all pro+ portals. Thank you for all your patience and interest in this project.

Best,

Shane Janssens

AlbertoNieto
Participante

Will this feature be available for Marketing Hub Professional licenses? If so, when?

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@AlbertoNieto 

It's available now 🙂 

Follow the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/automate-ab-emails-with-workflows

Enjoy!

LMontserrat
Miembro

We really need this!! A/B Testing is key in marketing Automation, please Hubspot consider this feature

monscalco
Miembro

This is a very good idea! I really hope Hubspot can implement this soon