HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

293 Replies
BSoutas
Participant

I just spent several days creating an A/B testing plan under the assumption that you would be able to test automated emails just to find out that it's not possible. It's very disappointing. How is this not a feature? 

raleighleslie

Ah, I just submitted a support ticket but seems this might be the answer. It does not make sense to me this is not possible?

Is there a logical explaination from HubSpot as to why?

Only solution is to A / B test the entire workflow? Not ideal... 

jbrown
Participant

Yea, it's crazy that you can't do this. The reasonings I've heard make little to no sense. It really isn't an option for many who are doing workflow based emails to send 1 offs as tests. The other workarounds are equally impracticle (ex: setting up separate workflows and trying to split enrollment between the 2).

JMoreau
Participant

This feature would be extremely valuable for our team! Can someone from HubSpot respond and let us know if this is in the works or planned for a 2018 release?

brettswensen

Bump on this

jbrown
Participant

For what it is worth, I was told by my account rep that development-wise it is the kind of thing that won't likely be addressed till 2019. Smiley Sad

lvmkting
Participant

Yeah, this has been said already but I just assumed this was a function and created my first workflow happily and then found out it wasn't.  Hubspot Academy spends a lot of time talking about automation and experimenting and testing for these things not to be possible together. Disappointing for sure. 

TomF

+1. I just started with worfklows, and am quite surprised to see that this feature is missing. It seems like a critical feature to me. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

rginsberg

Yes, please.  Make this possible!

Nicositter
Participant

Would be great to know where is this feature in the development roadmap, as our business is growing and we need to have these kind of A/B tests inn our CRM.

Neta
Participant

How can it be that Hubspot doesn't have this super basic feature? 
Does anyone have any workaround for this?

lconrad

This feature is absolutely paramount! Workflows allow us to communicate with customers at a precise moment in their journey, and we need to be able to test these communications via AB testing. Without this capability, Workflows completely lose their value to our business. 

emarie

I've been waiting for this feature for 3 years...

abrengues

Hubspot, people asked for this must have feature for more than a year ! And it's still not there... SHAME ON YOU !

shame embarassed GIF-downsized.gif

tobiaspasma
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Come on guys... let built that feature! Please!?

Debs
Participant

Need this desperately. Are you working on this? I can see it has a ton of upvotes.

nhlearninggroup
Participant

In complete agreement that getting A/B testing to function within workflows is 100% necessary. The idea of adding multiple manual steps in order to use optimized content/messaging in each workflow multiplied by the number of workflows is mind-boggling.

spogue
Top Contributor

Over 100 votes and still not in planning? Really surprised. This will up our marketing email game if available. Please add!

I signed up to this community just to upvote this idea.

Please Hubspot, listen to your customers! ! !

This is amongst the top 12 idea in Hubspot community as of June 19 2018 and has been requested for over a year now.

SarahCame
Participant

Yes this would make our lives much much easier. all i want to do is A/B test subject lines, for goodness sake...