HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

293 Replies
Ed_F

This would be a great benefit! Leaving a comment so I can subscribe to updates!

jaleonard19
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks - Jumping in here again from the HubSpot Product team. I want to apologize for how long this has taken. This work is in progress and is a high priority for the team. Unfortunately, we have hit a number of snags during the development of this, which is slowing down the release. Hopefully in another month or so we should have clarity on timing. I'll post here as soon as we have more details to share. In the meantime please feel free to keep commenting, and upvoting the post.

Rolf
Contributor

@jaleonard19, thanks for the update! Looking forward to the next update.

Ed_F

@jaleonard19 - Very glad you are keeping us in the loop. Thanks!

MerissaS

Do you have an updated timeline for when we can expect to see this feature?

jesslevanchy

@MerissaS I heard the new launch date is August 31st 

neil2
Participant

Do we have any update as to whether this has moved to Beta?

rogerlightfoot

I'm really keen to be added to the public beta asap.

Thanks.

grafton
Member | Platinum Partner

Adding my name + company to the growing chorus that would find this feature very valuable and are looking forward to the beta.  

petersherlock93
Participant

Any news on this? Looking forward to getting access to this feature sooner rather than later.

bcg
Participant

Are we live?  Let's do this... 😎

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

I've done a new video how to do A/B testing in Workflows

Let me know what you think 🙂 

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

@katharine 

TheBenjamin

hi @jaleonard19

any updates on the progress of this?

Ed_F

Thanks for the update!

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your interest and comments in this forum. I am the Product Manager on Marketing Email and I wanted to jump in here as I have been closest to this project for past few months. We are so close, we had hit a couple of small bumps that set us back with the complexity of this build. We are in the final stretch and we are talking about delivering this in September. We have had 2 teams involved in building this and we are so excited to release the Beta as soon as we can. I will update this post as soon as it is ready for beta.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in this project.

Best,

Shane

twoller

I too was shocked to find out that you can't do A/B split testing within Workflows. I naively assumed that it was a standard feature in the HubSpot tool, since it seems to be standard in many other automation tools. This is really crucial for my team to optimize our conversions. We can't keep up with sending one-off email blasts to perform an A/B split test and then pivoting to automation. It eats up too much time and is hard to organize the leads.

I'm hopeful the Beta is rolled out this month and would love to be included in it. 

neil2
Participant

Can't wait for this to be completed. I fed back to your VoC team a few months back that I felt so much time is being spend developing other parts of the software (Sales & Service) marketing feels like its been forgotten about yet it pays the lions shares of the license cost.

A/B testing in workflows an absolute must!

I'm also really keen to see better dynamic email content based on contact properties as opposed to smart rules and lists (this method really **bleep**!)

RalphvanMaris

@jaleonard19 Any updates on this feature! Would lover to start using this feature

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

Quick update here. Again thank you for your patience and feedback here. We are currently moving to testing this feature. It will take a bit of time as it is a big change on the email infastructure. I will update here as soon as it is in Beta. I wont give an exact timing as it depends on what we find in testing. Anyone who has signed up will be in the first release group, if you have not asked support for this please reach out and they can add you to the beta list.

Thank you, it is very close now.

Best,

Shane

Neta
Participant

Hi Shane, 

how can I join the beta? 

Thanks!!