HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

293 Replies
nunoautotrip
Contributor

It's a shame that this hasn't been implemented yet, it's one of the basic features that any marketing automation tool should have.

Leah2
Participant

@Annabel don't hold your breathe. 

petersherlock93
Participant

@Leah2  For real... Hubspot?!  What do we do more to inform you that this is vital to our businesses?

I'm demoing braze, and iterable which both have amazing A/B testing functionality, and integrate with Hubspot via open Api's.

MikeJones

@Leah2  It's so strange how they ignore this and so many other basic features. Makes you wonder what they are focusing on that is soo important that they ignore this Smiley Sad

As our sales team uses Outreach.io, I'm looking into moving our eBook workflows after form submissions through a live list, as you can A/B test with ease and leads get unenrolled when they respond to an email. You can also create custom email time schedules rather than just have 7" days a week" or "business hours".

When our contract with Hubspot comes to its end, I will also start to trial alternatives. Thanks for the tips with Braze and Iterable @petersherlock93 

petersherlock93
Participant

I will look into outreach.io as well thanks @MikeJones

They issue with not having "replies" kick users out of workflows also is annoying. But that is a separate issue all together.... 😞

^ Should I submit this as an idea as well...?

Hanisha

I wish to AB Test my drip campaigns to see what emails work best, however was surprised to see that Hubspot does not have this feature. 

jewsbur090

Would it be possible to get an update on this from Hubspot? It's the main stumbling block from us moving over to Hubspot. Would be great to have some timelines!

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, just to keep everyone updated on our progress here, we've been making decent headway with the infrastructure planning and development roadmap for this feature and are making meaningful progress towards a beta.

There's still a lot of moving pieces here so we don't have a concrete date on when we'll be opening up a beta but I wanted to keep you all in the loop and confirm that we're definitely focused on this and are actively working on it.

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

@Shay  Thank you for the update. Is there any idea on a timeline to get this launched, i.e. Q1 2020, Q2 2020? If you have a development roadmap I would think there's some timeframe you could give us? It has been 2.5 years since this idea was posted.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @ridingforlife I can definitely share more. At the moment we're making good progress but factoring in the upcoming US and EU holiday season it's unlikely that we'll be hitting beta-ready in Q4 but safe to say that we'll have a beta in Q1 2020. As soon as we have an open beta we'll offer it up to everyone in this thread to give it a try. 

EJVFernyhough
Participant

Hi there,

Just had a call with Olivia who pointed me in this direction as we've encountered the same need. Great to hear that there's a beta planned as soon as Q1 2020, & would be very pleased if this could be implemented by then. 

Over here we're keen to test different discount %s off particular products in automated emails that will go to the same cohort so we know what performs best with specific users. The ability to implement A/B tests in automated emails integrated in workflows will be essential for this purpose.

Thanks all!

Louis
Participant

I have the same issue. Please make it possible !!

tim_seiter

Happy to see this will be moving into beta sometime in the near(ish) future! Commenting to keep tabs on this and hopefully get invited to the beta when it goes live.

AJernigan
Participant

@Shay Can you please add me to the beta list when that goes live in Q1. This is hot on our request-list.

Thanks!

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

@AJernigan can do Smiley Happy

EJVFernyhough
Participant

@Shay , please could you add me to the Beta test list for Q1 too?

Many thanks,

Ed

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Will do @EJVFernyhough ! We'll be sharing a beta sign up form with everyone on this post when it's available so everyone will have the opportunity to sign up once it's open.

MMgradient
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes please! Would love to try the beta!

Rolf
Contributor

Just replying as a signup to the upcoming beta of this feature!

petersherlock93
Participant

Can you please add my team to the beta as well!

Thank you super stoked for this feature.

@Shay