Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

HubSpot updates
120 Comentários
AdrianB
Principal conselheiro

Same boat. I would really appreciate this feature becoming a reality as it would multiply returns on time and fluidity tenfold.

StevenB
Principal conselheiro

We really need this feature

leslie
Principal conselheiro

I would love to have this feature too! Please prioritize Smiley feliz

Thanks!

davidoudiette
Regular Contributor

It seems to make very little sense for A/B testing to be availabe anywhere but in workflows, where they get their whole potential. I've been advised to test complete workflows against each other, but setting it up is pretty much a nightmare compared to creating A/B test variations in an email. 

twandeleijer
Regular Contributor

@davidoudiette Imagine if you have a workflow that contains 2 emails, that would means testing 4 workflows. Or 3, that would mean 8 workflows. You can do that on the rest Smiley feliz

ckindrick
Principal conselheiro

ditto. 

Emina-Demiri
Occasional Contributor

Complete nightmare this. Every time I want to test a single email in a workflow I need to replicate the workflow and test it that way. It's not even easy to do that. You need to create new properties and add custom HTML to form embeds. Its shocking that this is not a simple functionality. 

Please add this

janik
Occasional Contributor

Came here to find out how to set up A/B testing for my worklfows. Really disappointing (again) to see this obvisous feature is not implemented yet.

mecalagill
Regular Contributor

I totally agree because we are always updating our workflows to better serve our leads and clients. Even for just the beginning of an email workflow if we had the A/B testing options then we could see which one was performing better and that we could keep for our workflow. We are NOT going to get that info from a one-off email if it is in our workflow. That just doesn't make sense. 

sravi
Occasional Contributor

Agreed! I had  submitted the same question to Hubspot. Not being able to see which emails are are doing better, what's working whats not is important. These workflows are a big part of my email automation. Checking single emails doesn't give me any insight at all. I specifically create emails that are a part of that workflow only. Also, having ability to see which clients are using a majority of the platform would make my life easier. Right now, there are so many testing browsers. Designing an email in a certain browser may not be optimal for viewing for the other. This is time-consuming and I have to make allowances for a lesser design. So, having that feature which tells me whats the majority of the population using to view these emails - will be a great thing!