HubSpot Ideas

katharine

Enable A/B testing in workflow/automated emails

I was disappointed to see that I can't do an A/B test in an automated email:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-create-an-a-b-test-email

Marketo (a HubSpot competitor) allows this functionality.

Can you add this to the product sometime?

It's particularly helpful with a Welcome email sequence which is key to on-boarding new customers.

293 Comentarios
KylerMarkle
Miembro

Registered for the forum just to comment on this; this is deal-breaking functionality as far as I'm concerned.  It's available in Marketo and Salesloft, as well as many other email marketing platforms.  It's required, and to see that it's requested for years and not implemented is extremely disappointing.

I'll likely be looking at alternative platforms to solve this.

Miembro

@hubspot

Even Mailchimp which is an entry level ESP has this feature.

markpetty
Miembro

Looking at HubSpot as an alternative to Intercom. This feature is kind of a deal breaker.

cdoll2
Miembro

Has there been a solution created yet for this? 

It's very manual work if we have to turn on and off emails every time we want to test a new feature, subject line, content etc in a workflow. 
And if I do an A/B test on certain elements in a single-send email, it's not reliable data for me to fall back on since my audiences would have different intents. Help, Hubspot!

cdoll2
Miembro

+1 Agreed! Please add this feature. It's a must-have. 

Leah2
Participante

I do understand the rationale that automated emails send at different times thus you couldn't definitively say that version A is truly the winner, b/c we can't control time. However, if an automated email has been sent to 300 contacts, we can assume that across the 2 different a/b pools the submission times have averaged out - and thus attribute the success to the corresponding version.

That being said - the proposed option of sending out manual emails until we determine a winner is the least helpful "solution" ever. I'm sure MANY hubspot users have automated workflows that are triggered upon a new contact/lead submitting their information. To have someone on hand, ready to send an email as soon as someone has visited their website and provided their information is ludicrous. FURTHERMORE, they would be sending 1-off emails, and no simple way to actually track and analyze the success of the emails.

I still continue to be shocked by the seemingly obvious implementations and functions that Hubspot does not offer.

Currently the no automated email a/b testing option is worse than the option to a/b test automated emails, knowing that the results aren't necessarily 100% accurate.

Hubspot should make this one of their top priorities.

dan_cb
Miembro

I found this on the blog and tried out the first option. https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/how-to-a/b-test-workflow-emails-using-the-lead-rotator-or-zapier

Takes a little bit of time to set up, but seems to be working properly so far

natsumimori
Administrador de la comunidad

<Posting this on behalf of a customer>

A/B test in workflow will be a great feature because we would like to do A/B test including the actions in the workflow.

If this will be added as a feature in the portal, we would be able to test not only the contents of the emails but also the actions in the workflow.

Tada41
Miembro

really want that. i'd like to know which set of step emails is better.

KiwiJen83
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

This is an absolute must-have!

robinsonjn22
Participante | Partner

There are a few things HubSpot is missing from a basic functionality standpoint...and this is one of them...Please add this functionality. 

Job1234
Miembro

We need this badly, any update on when it will be available?

bcg
Participante

Please hubspot please!  You're making us look bad... 😉

surveykiwi
Miembro

I don't understand how Hubspot being a platform so complete, it doesn't have this simple feature. EVERY sales automation platform I used/tested have this feature.

It is something that can make me decide to change my sales automation provider.

lkerstein
Miembro

I thoroughly support this idea.  Seems like an obvious enhancement, and one that would get a lot of use.

Capitel
Colaborador

This is a BASIC feature!! Plase add it asap

mattgreener
Miembro

Very surprised to find that this is not currently possible. Especially for simply testing subject line variations.

nathans
Participante

How is this still not a feature? So many have been requesting it for the last year and a half! Please prioritize.

bobaloobadoo
Miembro

In the meantime while they absolutely need to sort this out. You could use properties to set up variables. I used the ownership field and set a workflow to auto-assign to one of 2 owners in a rotation. This gives you a 50-50 split test group. This also requires you to not be using the CRM as a CRM, however.

I imagine you can use a bit of excel magic to assign values similarly and append them to your email file to create the A/B lists.

bellawu
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Thank you all for sharing your feedback and use cases on this. The product team is currently thinking about how to solve this, and will post updates here.