HubSpot Ideas

tpSignal88

Embedding Videos

Hello, 

Right now it doesn't appear that we can embed videos into an email template. Instead, I'm having to use a thumbnail image with a link to the video on YouTube. It would be really great if we could have the option to embed the video right into the email template so recipients can view it without having to click through. 

Thanks!

6 Replies
John
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I am curious, did you try this method by email on acid?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @tpSignal88 due to spam and security reasons, video is not supported in email across some major email clients, such as Gmail and Yahoo. As such HubSpot does not currently plan to introduce this feature. 

If you have selected to have a webpage version of their email, you can use the webpage URL to hyperlink your video's screenshot.

If you're integrated with Wistia, here's a tutorial on how to link to Wistia videos in HubSpot emails.

Jérémie

Thanks for the  "embed videos" feature.
It is working for 1:1 email, blog and landing pages.

Will it be possible for Templates and Marketing email ?

Regards
Happy new Year

Jessica915

Is the HubSpot official stance still opposing embedding videos in marketing messages because of Google and Yahoo?  

Thank you!

mkarsten
Top Contributor

Realize it's been a while, so you might have worked out a solution, but depending on the size of the video you could convert it to a GIF, which is placed like an image. We've had great success with this, but do be mindful of the GIF file size, it's not a good solution for longer videos. And free online converts can degrade the quality pretty significantly. We bring the video into Photoshop and export as a GIF, but you'll want to research the GIF setting for your best results, if you're not familiar with them.

watanak
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to share that a couple months ago, we introduced a new video module in our drag and drop editor that makes it easy for you to drop in a video into the marketing email drag and drop editor, generate a thumbnail, and send a video view page.

Hope this meets your needs - please share any feedback you have regarding this feature here.

Thanks,

Kie