HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Embed code snippets in Knowledge Base articles

I know that our customers would love to see greater embedding flexibility in Knowledge Base articles. Currently, embedding is limited to just YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram, but many of our customers rely on tools that require embedded code snippets (e.g. maps, interactive tools, and other Javascript snippets) in order to provide thorough documentation to their clients and customers.

Thanks!

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
October 10, 2020 09:22 AM

Status atualizado para: In Planning
August 28, 2020 01:10 PM

The work which will make the embed feature in knowledge base articles much more flexible is almost done! With this update, you'll be able to embed any JavaScript embed code into a knowledge base article: maps, any video, audio... basically anything in an iframe. 

Thank you all for your patience and for sharing your feedback! I'll update this thread again as soon as it's done. 

- Snaedis  

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
April 22, 2020 03:49 AM

We are reviewing widening our embed functionality. We will provide more information as soon as its available.

9 Comentários
sid_appbase
Participante

Would really like a feature where it's possible to embed any URL, or an ability to edit the HTML of the knowledgebase articles. This would allow customers like me to get our use-cases solved today while you figure out the right balance for the GUI features.

benson
Membro

This is a Huge issue for us. We got just subscribed to Vidyard because of the New Vidyard and Hubspot partnership / integration. But I cannot embed a video in a Hubspot Knowledge base article using HTML. And, the URL option will not work either! I have to download the video from Vidyard and upload it to Hubspot manually! Please make this a priority. You can embed videos on landing pages but not articles? It's interesting...

Vitruvi-Meaghan
Membro

This is also a key limiting feature for us. We host our videos through WorldPlay, but their embed code uses JavaScript to allow control of the video player. We need to be able to embed this easilly in Knowledge Base articles, instead of creating a workaround using iframes.

ChrisNel
Membro

We need this to enable us to add a javascript widget into our Knowledge Base articles. It'll just make life easier... 😄

al_playwire
Membro

Pretty please for this feature! @lalexander 

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
goconnor
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

We are reviewing widening our embed functionality. We will provide more information as soon as its available.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
Snaedis

The work which will make the embed feature in knowledge base articles much more flexible is almost done! With this update, you'll be able to embed any JavaScript embed code into a knowledge base article: maps, any video, audio... basically anything in an iframe. 

Thank you all for your patience and for sharing your feedback! I'll update this thread again as soon as it's done. 

- Snaedis  

Status atualizado para: Delivered
Snaedis

kislaszlo
Membro

Hello,

We would like to put a css or js in one place, which would be executed for all the knowledge base articles.

We could not find such an option in the knowledge base configuration interface (https://app.hubspot.com/knowledge/xxx/customize-template/content).
Only for a specific article is there an option to specify a unique code snippet ("Advanced options: Additional code snippets"):

We would like to change the interface of the knowledge base to something like the current site design. We need somewhere in the hubspot knowledge base admin interface to be able to specify a global style that hubspot applies to all article pages and to the main page (https://tudastar.szamlazz.hu/gyik) and 404 page.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Laszlo