HubSpot Ideas

Email types / email preferences

It would be useful to be able to seperate the email types and decide which ones appear on the email preferences page (bottom of each email sent) for externals to select.

We have been using the email types for all our emails but now all the options that aren't relevant for external customers are showing in their email preferences selection so we need to remove them and only use those that recipients can recieve. 

This prevents us putting a type against our internal comms etc. 

13 Replies
nubizz

... same Problem. Would be nice, if there were different Types of Preferences Landingpages for different Projects.

dstephens

Along these lines, we would like the customer to be able to click on Manage Email Preferences and see the landing page with all email types, but only the one that is applicable to that particular email is checked for them to opt out of. They have to be proactive and select any or all other types, or select Unsubscribe from all, beyond that particular email type.  I know another marketing vendor doing this now and it's a slick landing page. Could anyone else use this functionality?

Does anyonle know if we can remove the "Unsubscribe" from the email footer and only show "Manage email preferences"  and still be within CAN-SPAM laws? Once on the Preference landing page, they can do what I describe above or unsubscibe from all if they so choose.

BrianCy
Participant

This is a really important function for us. We need to see all of our emails split out by type (e.g. Marketing, Service Updates).

In the main emails tab it allows me to include additional fields relating to performance metrics but not the email type field. We need this for some work we are doing in terms of rationalizing the choices in our preference centre. To do that we need a backlist of emails that are used in workflows and how they are categorized to help us ensure that our existing emails are still getting through to customers while we rationalize the numbers of types. 

Currently we are going to have to go through our emails one by one to make this happpen

MonicaAirswift

Has there been a solution to this? We have an email type "Internal Notifications" which shows on our email preferences page, and clearly is not intended for customers or any other non-internal staff. If I do not mark this email type as "Active," I am unable to use the email created for automation in workflows for internal staff only. 

claraalvarez
Member | Diamond Partner

Exactly the same ProblemSmiley Sad . We have different projects in the same account and we'd need different Types of Preferences Landingpages for the different Projects. When will this be possible? Thanks in advance!

Paula_Sal
Member | Diamond Partner

I have the same problem 😞 When will this be possible?

Thanks!

andreacastanar
Participant

That would be really useful for us as well 🙂 

alicedidier
Participant | Diamond Partner

Same, it would be very useful to have different types of Preference Landing Pages. I think it is a key for the projects to be fully split!

sarahvercheval
Member | Diamond Partner

Yes, it would be a good and important improvement, as it is also a matter of legal processes. 

mpelayo
Member | Diamond Partner

Same here, automation for diff. countries coexist in the same account and we would appreciate to have this option available asap.

mtoledo
Member | Diamond Partner

Yes please! We also need this improvement asap.

How do you guys do it?

RoyXB

Yes, we operate a two-sided marketplace and have different communications needs for buyers than sellers. It makes no sense to present to sellers the email/subscription options designed for buyers, and vise versa. Even just the ability to list email options by sections would be a useful step. 

LeonardoDVinci
Contributor

Since we already have meeting and call types.. I wonder why didn't proceed in applying the same for emails...