HubSpot Ideas

gharper

Separate open tracking for multiple recipients on email

Today, for sales emails, there is no way to separate the open metrics for the contact from the opens of those CC'd on the email. All opens on an email will be attributed to the contact(s) the email was sent to. The only way to ensure the opens are from the recipient only is to send the email directly to the recipient without CCing anyone.

It would be GREAT to be able to have a different tracking pixel uniquely put in each recipient -- so that you'd know how many opens each recipient made (of course, if a recipient forwarded an email to others, those opens could not be separated out and would be attributed to that recipient). I'm not sure if using a third-party email system (such as GMAIL) prevents this from being implemented or not. Apps like Superhuman are able to differentiate opens by email recipient.

This would be HUGELY useful. Thank you.

30件のコメント
ppv
参加者

Please do take up this idea. I love the way Superhuman has solved it. Why cant HubSpot?

MMT
投稿者

NEW FEATURE - Tracking email opens for multiple recipients.  

Hubspot support team have advised that Hubspot is able to check status who (contact receipient) has opened email so long as only 1 recipient in email, which is limiting, especially many email communiications may have multiple email recipients.  

REQUEST

HubSpot allow tracking of emails and multiple recipients and open status.  

Timidus
メンバー

Let's imagine you send one single email to 4 recipients. You get one of the 4 email addresses wrong. 

As a result of this "bounce", the email can no longer be tracked. 

So even as the other 3 recipients open it, click on hyperlinks et cetera, you will get no tracking information at all. 

Which is disappointing. 

Am I missing something? Has anyone in the community found a work-around?

Kind wishes

Timidus Collis

LWebbGreen
メンバー

I would like to know if i send an email to 2 people it says 1 clicked but which one clicked?

CWardle
参加者

Would be great if the email tracking comes through as not just "Opens: 5" which isn't too helpful when you CC in other team members to the email. Maybe further breakdown like "Opened by 'email address'" to assist in fine tuning tracking visibility?

sarahtolson
メンバー

Hi, my users frequently send tracked emails through Hubspot to more than one recipient as it’s often important to maintain an e-mail chain with all recipients seeing who has been sent/cc’d on the e-mail. 

Maybe a future enhancement for Hubspot to consider - instead of one tracking image per e-mail which persists for the life of an e-mail chain, the option to set tracking per e-mail and per recipient with new e-mails dropping/replacing the tracking of any e-mails attached/forwarded/replied to. 

That would give users a much clearer view on precisely which recipient opened an e-mail and which part of the chain, and would help us target our followup activity better too.

GrBell
メンバー

Great idea @sarahtolson

When we are dealing with multiple people at a company, typically a MD, FD, HR manager and/or Pension Manager in my experience, it's rare that we can send an e-mail to a single recipient and it's common to be copying in a colleague(s). Including an e-mail chain is also important where there are follow up actions/commitments and other details in that chain, or like one example this week when there was great feedback in a previously tracked e-mail that we could share/remind/thank them for by including it in the chain . 

The current tracking (one of anyone in the e-mail chain has opened one of any of the may e-mails, counted up)  gets proportionately less helpful the more receipients you have and the more correspondence you have with that client/prospect.   As soon as you get passed the first e-mail and one recipient, the picture starts to blur. 

I really need to know if it was the MD, FD, a PA/secretary or my colleague that opened the e-mail, and whether it was a specifc e-mail (like the last one sent), or just me personally, or anyone else, viewing an e-mail further back in the chain. 

KarthikC
トップ投稿者

This would be nice but from what I understand, the current technology doesn't support this

GCortes
参加者

Agree,

Would like to know who opened up the email, so I know who to follow up with. Also when I get a Hubspot notification on my phone it shows someone opened up the email, even if it's just one recepient. Is there a way to get the person that opened it up? The email subject line may be the same for multiple emails.

Thanks

GCortes

suscangam
メンバー

When you send an email to more than one contact you only get the notification of the mail but you dont know who opened/read the mail.

RShevchenko
参加者

+1 upvote

This feature is somewhat essential if we're talking about email automation and analytics. In our business, communication is done with a lot of people at once, and sometimes I really want to know who already saw my email so I can (probably) get in touch faster or at least understand that my email was seen.

It's not an easy task but definitely possible, no matter what others might think. I'm using a lot of tools, and platforms like Mixmax and Outreach introduced such a feature years ago. With Mixmax, for example, I can click a single button in my inbox to see not only who opened, but how many times, using which device and OS, and sometimes even location and time of email open. 

Timidus
メンバー
Similarly with Mailchimp – one can send one single email to 400 recipients and see who exactly who has opened it… so it is technologically possible HubSpot!
GColford
メンバー

The feature I like the most in the Sales package is tracking email.  The way the system is designed now if I add more than one addressee in the "TO" line, the system can only tell me that "someone" has opened the email as the tracking pixel attaches only to the email - not the addressees.  This kinda **bleep**.  What I really need to know is when each addressee has received and opened the email and clicked on various links contained in that email. Today, I know I can only do one email address in the "TO" field to accomplish this. 

RVines
メンバー

At times we will send a single email to multiple reciepnts at a prospective customer, as well as including internal people. It would be great to determine who is opening the email, or as an introductory step, showcasing whether someone internally is opening the email vs. external (prospective customer).

EGillum
メンバー

As someone who's work in email, this is completely doable too. Feels like a soft ball they're not swinging at.

CB44
メンバー

We spoke with someone from HubSpot Support about this today which led us here.  They noted that this isn't a functionality they plan to implement any time soon, if at all.  I do hope though that this idea is seen so HubSpot will reconsider.  It would be very helpful for our team to know which recipient opened a sales email, or clicked a link in it, when it is sent to more than one person.  We cannot use the suggested workaround of sending the email out to one person at a time- that just isn't practical, especially when contacting a larger prospect or client group.  Fingers crossed!

gharper
メンバー

I'm presuming this has some implementational complexity and/or server load implications that is impacting their thoughts. Or they just don't get it.

I don't think they realize this is a feature that would endear a ton of users to the platform and increase usage/retention. I have people in my organization that would be all over the platform if this came with the email capability -- that today could care less, don't bother interacting with the platform, and have a negative view.

GCortes
参加者
I think they are not understanding how powerful this would be for the user. If you send out an email to multiple recipients how do you know who to follow up with? Even worse, if you copy some of your team members and they open up the email, you may think it was one of the intended recipients. This functionality would make the sales cycle so much better. Hubspot at one point told me it was due to privacy issues – not sure how it is.
MGrezlikowski
メンバー

This is desperately needed! Can someone from Hubspot please reply here and let us know if this is in progress?

DMessmer1
メンバー

100% Upvote on this one!