HubSpot Ideas

Tactitian

Email thread duplication in HubSpot activity timeline

Currently, when you have a back and forth conversation with a client, it gets assembled in a thread for better readability. But the thread gets duplicated as many times as there are emails within it. So a 10 email conversation with a client will generate 10 threads of 10 emails each on the activity timeline, so 100 emails in total to sift through if you are looking up the history!!!

For more ease of sorting through the emails and get on overview of the conversations with a client on the activity timeline, I suggest adopting the threading behaviour that users already know from Gmail or Hotmail: all emails of the same conversation get assembled in ONE thread, and it is positioned at the time of the latest reply. 

15 Comentários
sadiesarti
Membro

Yes please! This is so confusing and I fully agree with what Tactitian is asking for. 100%. Please do this ASAP!  

Anonymous
Não aplicável

Our team has added this functionality to the email tab in the timeline and will be working to bring the same functionality to the full activity timeline.

SKarvonen
Membro

This is one of the 2 main issues we've had trying to adopt HubSpot, so glad to hear the feature's added to the emails tab, if we get it in the all activities tab that'll be fantastic.

SMiller4
Membro

Please add this feature.  It seems to be already built for eamil thread, how hard is it to add as a filter option in activity tab?  The activity timeline needs work, this being one of them.  It's hard to look through and determine how conversations were left off and were to pick up, especially with all the added emails for each thread.

WSwift
Membro

Is there an update on this? in the email tab it's available but not in the activity tab so it's v confusing and annoying!

thanks

NicolefromJayex
Membro

Is there any update on this in the main activity feed? This will be an amazing addition as currently the main feed quickly becomes too difficult to scroll through.

RBlonk
Participante

We are also looking forward to this update! It is a mess to scroll through hundreds of duplicate emails in the activity feed. 

JKerstein6
Membro

@Anonymous, do you happen to have an update on this? It's been almost two years since your initial comment, and I know this would be greatly appreciated by users.

Anonymous
Não aplicável

Hi @JKerstein6 thanks for following up here! We were planning to add this to the full timeline as part of some filtering updates by unfortunately, that project got put on hold while we work on some more pressing performance and scalability work.

That said, this is still on our radar but I am going to update the status to relfect that this is not actively being worked on at the moment. I will be sure to provide updates here with any progress on our end.

jgillan
Membro

The way emails are threaded and connected should solely be based on matching subject lines, this is messing things up for our team who gets similar emails with different subject lines from the same people in a short burst of time.

NicolefromJayex
Membro

Please could Hubspot look at this?? It is my least favourite thing about Hubspot and makes looking through the activity feed much harder than it should. A single thread/activity instance per email conversation would make so much more sense and seeing the same converstaion for minutes and minutes of the same conversation is too much. Please do some work on this as I can't see how the current system is more practical or preferred.  

Valleriia
Colaborador(a)

We're looking forward so much to this update. 

Joelk
Membro

+1

Membro

pushing to drop hub spot for my team over this 😞 it is very impactful to the usability of the software because it takes so long to for users to understand basic email chains when starting a new ticket even after 6 mo of 'getting used to it'

result is responding to the wrong email or the wrong people very often which looks very unprofessional 

RBlonk
Participante

Still a mess indeed, some of my colleagues even refuse to check email communication in the CRM because it takes them ages to find the things they are searching for, instead they now ask me to update them.... Quite a pain that I thought a CRM would solve.