HubSpot Ideas

sjudson

Email open and click reporting for sequences

Scott from the product team here.

We've heard from our customers that sequences reporting does not give a full picture of email performance, and customers must try to stitch this data together by viewing template and sequence reporting independently within HubSpot.  

To solve this, we're building open and click reporting directly into Sequences.

Summary.png

If you're interested in getting early access to open and click reporting, upvote this post and we'll reach out to you to let you know as soon as it's available. 

99 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : In Beta
glencornell
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

nikkiv
Contributeur de premier rang

Can we get Beta of this feature? 

willis247
Membre

How do we get beta access?

glencornell

If you would like access to the beta please fill out this form, and I'll follow-up with an email once you have access to this feature!

samanthacrist
Participant

@glencornell I'm getting an error message at that link.

glencornell

Sorry about that, should be working now Samantha! 

danmauer
Membre

When will this be available?

markstruczewski
Contributeur

Love this idea! 🙂

bfarr
Membre

Hey Scott, we chatted back in October about this as I shared a few ideas on how others do it. Just saw that it's in beta and would love access to it!

MCCS
Membre

This will be very useful. I would like to suggest a few ideas;

1. It would also be very useful to be able to see a list of the contacts who did not open the email sequence. Essentially a no action/no engagement report. This would then allow the ability to create a list for a new sequence once the previous sequnce that resulted in no action is over. 

2. Having the ability to be able to add to a sequnce once it is running would also be very beneficial. For example; being able to update or add/edit an email/task to the sequnce once it's already deployed would be very useful.\

LR-CPH
Participant

These metrics are way more insightful than the current one.  Is there an estimated time when we can get access to it?

Thanks!

glencornell

Sequences now have open and click reporting for the entire sequence as well as a breakdown of each template!

Sequences___HubSpot-3.png

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
glencornell

Sequences now have open and click reporting for the entire sequence as well as a breakdown of each template!

JHankin
Membre

Is this still available?  I have written the following complaint with sequences:

Let's talk about Sequences... 

A great tool, in theory, one that my Sales team uses all the time, but it's lacking core functionality that actually makes this usable.  Here are some challenges that we are facing:

1. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who have been enrolled or completed a specific sequence

2. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who received the emails, opened but didn't reply 

3. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who opened the email, clicked, but didn't do anything else

This is the core functionality that is required for our sales team to effectively do their job in prospecting, and provide offline follow-up based on actions. 

HubSpot, I'd like to understand when you are going to be enhancing this functionality. 

At this stage, I'm tempted to recommend our Sales team revert back to using marketing workflows as we will be able to obtain this advanced functionality we need to make action-driven decisions on engagement.

glencornell

Hi @JHankin ,

Thanks for the followup! 

1. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who have been enrolled or completed a specific sequence

- this is something we are currently working on. It is technically a separate step for us to build, so I've been tracking these ideas that have specifically brought up the need for list of contacts enrolled or completed in a specific sequence:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/filter-contacts-by-sequence-enrollment/idc-p/179946

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Create-a-contact-list-from-a-sequence-or-sequences/id...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Sorting-Contacts-Out-of-a-List-For-Sequence-Enrollm...

2. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who received the emails, opened but didn't reply 

3. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who opened the email, clicked, but didn't do anything else.

We are planning to add a clickable component to this reporting as our next step, this should show you contacts that have clicked. To segment between contacts that have done one action and not the other is something you would be able to build once we have completed point #1 above. Using the sequence enrolled field, and the "recent sales email open" and "recent sales email click" properties.

glencornell

Hi @JHankin ,

Thanks for the followup! 

- this is something we are currently working on. It is technically a separate step for us to build, so I've been tracking these ideas that have specifically brought up the need for list of contacts enrolled or completed in a specific sequence:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/filter-contacts-by-sequence-enrollment/idc-p/179946

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Create-a-contact-list-from-a-sequence-or-sequences/id...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Sorting-Contacts-Out-of-a-List-For-Sequence-Enrollm...

3. We have no way of creating a list of contacts who opened the email, clicked, but didn't do anything else.

We are planning to add a clickable component to this reporting as our next step, this should show you contacts that have clicked. To segment between contacts that have done one action and not the other is something you would be able to build once we have completed point #1 above. Using the sequence enrolled field, and the "recent sales email open" and "recent sales email click" properties.

Sumit_Gsource
Membre

The new feature to view the stats for Open/Click rate is great but lacks a vision in the sense when it comes down to identifying those key contacts who opened or clicked these emails.  To go into every contact (using multiple clicks) and figure out who these contacts were is cumbersome and becomes a huge task to analyze larger data sets. 

From a UI perspective - the stats indicating the percentage on the report can be made clickable to view those contacts or you can simply add some more filters to the status drop-down. 

I hope HubSpot shares the same vision and we see this incorporated in the recent builds. 

Big thanks to HubSpot Support for encouraging me to write share this idea with the community!

A big fan of HubSpotl

glencornell

@Sumit_Gsource -

I agree! We are currently working on a way to make this report into a drilldown report to see the specific contacts that have opened or clicked emails in your sequence. I've created a Idea post here to track the progress:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Drill-downs-for-Sequences-Open-Click-Reporting/idi-p/...

bhansel
Membre

Yes, we are also looking for a report that shows us the contacts that opened or clicked on a sequence.  I would like access to this function as soon as it is available. 

glencornell

@bhansel - if you upvote the drill down reporting idea i'll reach out once we have something in beta!