HubSpot Ideas

sjudson

Email open and click reporting for sequences

Scott from the product team here.

We've heard from our customers that sequences reporting does not give a full picture of email performance, and customers must try to stitch this data together by viewing template and sequence reporting independently within HubSpot.  

To solve this, we're building open and click reporting directly into Sequences.

Summary.png

If you're interested in getting early access to open and click reporting, upvote this post and we'll reach out to you to let you know as soon as it's available. 

99 Replies
appvirality

It's very much required to include "Opens" and "Clicks" as part of sequence analytics alongside "Enrolled" "Unenrolled", etc.

Use case is - If i create two different sequences and do a quick A/B test. In current system, there is no way to see whether the email copies are good enough to get "Opens" and "Clicks", if not replies.

MeelisPaloson

Hi there,

For me, something that I'm missing in HS is to have the reports on every sequence I do. Reports in sence of:

• How many emails were delivered?
  • How many emails were opened?
  • How many clicks were done?
  • Open rate?
  • Reply rate?
  • Which template in sequence had the best opening rate?
  • etc.

Unfortunately currently there is no way for me to analyse how my sequences are actually performing. This is something the tool Yesware that I use to use before, did offer and is very important for analytical side of the performance. 

Cheers,

Meelis

RachelCarollo

I've requested this also.

gil100
Top Contributor

Yes, I would expect similar performance analysis as in the workflows. 

We would like to see what emails are being opened, replied etc in order to both report as well as improve and optimize our emails.

boldigital
Participant

hey HubSpot Community!

When creating a sequence, there's no way to see who opened and clicked each template. I want to learn what templates are doing well re: open/ click rate (or need help) and at the same time, I want to see which contacts are opening/ clicking those templates in the sequence. This can be done for emails sent on the Marketing side of the portal but cannot be done on the Sales side of the platform.

For me to do the best job at reporting and optimizing my sales efforts, I would love to see these features make their way from Marketing over to Sales.

Big thanks to HubSpot Support for encouraging me to write share this idea with the community!

NickRaineri

I was going through the current reporting for sequences and found that there's currently not a way to see the overall open rate for a given sequence. Although replies and meetings are ultimately the goal with sequences, I feel it would be valuable to see the open rate as well.

This would be another metric to gauge engagement and see how well the sequences are performing and better understand where the issue is when results aren't up to par. 

For example, if the open rate is strong but the sequence is still underachieving, it could mean the issue lies within the emails themselves. Perhaps they aren't relevant to the user or the next step isn't clear.

Would like to see this implemented.

Thanks,

Nick  

gil100
Top Contributor

Actually they've added it. I'm not sure if this is part of the standard offering, or if I can see it because I have the reports add-on. But you can see:

The total enrolled, reply rate, open rate, meeting rate per email. With that said I think there are still quite a lot of reporting metrics and options that could be added to sequences.

louisedizazzo
Participant

Can you add tracking from the emails in a sequence to the emails that are sent out through HS reporting tool.  A lot of effort goes into creating email templates and sequences with no traceability.

Yoshi
HubSpot Employee

Currently, on sequence page, we can see which contact is enrolled and which steps they are taking at the moment. 

However, it would be great if we could add a feature that we can see as below: 

• Which HubSpot user enrolled the contact 
  • Total number of how many contacts were enrolled into sequence by HubSpot user 
  • Display click and open in the sequence steps. 
lnhnguyen

I completely agree. I've used several different CRMs and leads/prospecting platforms that offer this type of analysis. I'm really surprised Hubspot doesn't have this feature. This reporting and the "Template Analysis" page should be offered on the Dashboard. Please add these features!

samanthacrist
Participant

One of my frustrations is that there is no data that shows the Open and Click Rate of Sequences, only the Reply Rate. 

All of these metrics are incredibly important to my management team so building this function into the report dashboard would be a great addition.

meagmccann
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for providing this feedback. You currently have access to Sequences reports in your HubSpot Report Library! Sales Starter and Sales Professional customers can access Sequence reports here and under Sales > Sequences. You can add these reports to any of your existing HubSpot dashboards.

In addition to this, we recently added new reports to your Report Library specific to Templates. You can find your new Templates reports in the same part of the Report Library, under Sales > Templates. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions or feedback on this. 

Thank you,

Meaghan

dan_sitton
Contributor

I REALLY wish that HubSpot had more intuitive reporting for Sequences and Templates. I would love to look at reporting on Templates and see the individuals the templates were sent to (all on one screen) and what actions were taken by each person that received the template (opened, clicked, unopened). This would be hugely helpful. And if I could get similar reporting when I enroll contacts into a sequence - I would love to see who opened what email and clicked on something. Especially if I get no response, this is the only way to measure engagement.

As it is now, I have to remember to create a task at the end of each sequence when I'm running a sales campaign. That's the only way to manage who interacted with individual templates. As it is set up now, I have to spend hours (and sometimes days) of time analyzing sequence data to determine next steps for each contact. When, if this information were just accessible in one centralized place I would be "enabled" to get through that information much quicker.

The email reporting for marketing emails is much more intuitive with reporting - letting me see who is being sent each email  (which I can't on templates). It's really hard to measure success and process leads during a longer sales cycle without having some of that centralized reporting.

mc_est
Participant

Hi Megan, 

Is it possible to see detailed reports on each email? Possibly an open/click/forward/reply report for each individual email in a sequence? 

The sequence reports available currently seem slim. 

MBF20

Agree with others that open rate would be SUPER helpful. Understanding that they replied is great but it's difficult to take action if you don't know what percentage of people opened but didn't respond (i.e., now you'd know that it's an email content problem rather than just a subject line problem.). 

Thanks!

SamAustin540
Participant

I created a community account with the sole purpose of upvoting this idea, and then I felt like I might as well comment on it too just to make the point.   Not being able to see open rates is the biggest drawback of Hubspot Sales....  Essentially all you would need to do, is add a percentage for open rate right next to the percentage for reply rate, and it would almost double the value of sequences.

accrete

How bizarre?! Why would you not want to see open & click rates? and why draw a distinction between sequence templates and marketing emails. Seems an ill-thought out decision by HS.

katrinacr

I would second this! I really liked this functionality in Base, the CRM we used to use and the one I quite frankly prefer for this reason. The reply rate is not very helpful without complimenting it with # emails delivered, opened, then clicked (if applicable). For example: if the open rate on an email was 20% but we got zero replies back, it would trigger a content change. If we had an email open rate of 10% but 20% reply, our target audience is more granularly defined. 

erinmck

100% Agreed. We also need notifications enabled for emails sent via sequences. It's frustrating to have to put in work arounds. 

bfarr

We just moved over from Salesforce / Groove and LOVED Groove's Flows (a Sequence equivalent). It's really painful that we don't have this feature in Hubspot.