HubSpot Ideas

bb

Email needs an UNDO button

Plain and simple, email needs an "undo" option. Sometimes we delete something and realize it would be better to keep it. Or we highllight it to move it but delete rather than cut... you get the idea. 

28 Replies
MCL

I've lost several in process emails,  meaning I was writing them and must have accidentally hit a key beside the enter and it's gone. I can't see how to undo and bring it back which is super annoying.

shearn
Key Advisor

*You're referring to Sales, not the Marketing side, sorry....This would be a useful feature for sure.

The Rich Text Editor in the Email tool does come with an Undo and Redo feature. 

Capture.PNG

There's also the revisions feature in the top right next to 'save' and 'next' so you can reroll your email back to a previous version. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

charif

The marketing drag and drop email editor definately needs an UNDO/REDO button. I am new to hubspot and will have to be creating multiple templates in this editor for our company. This is aggrivating! 

Florian1404

Hello Hubspot-Community,

I want to suggest to add an undo function to the drag and drop e-mail editor.

When editing e-mail it would be extremely helpful to be abel to go at least 2 oder 3 steps back, especially when you have accidentally deleted an object.

Kind regards
Florian

edsbrain

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, wanted to provide an update here, this is definitely on our radar, currently investigating our options tech-wise. As we have more news on this I'll definitely keep you all posted. Thanks!

Florian1404

Hi Shay, thats wonderful news, can't wait to see this feature going live!

nikkileefisher
Participant

I would really really love an undo button on the new drag and drop editor. I have accidentally hit delete multiple times and have been very sad to have to redo my work editing a complex module.

bb

great please create the undo option! 

LCHB

we all make mistakes - undo is a helpful function!

AEEKeough

Yes, UNDO button is desperately needed! Should have been part of the editor upgrade, which otherwise I like. 

JohnPepperdine
Participant

YES! Please bring back the "undo" button!!!!

nnikita

Yes please

DanielaFonseca
Top Contributor

Any updates? This would be super useful and it's frustrating not to be able to undo things in one click.

DMattaboni
Participant

VERY MUCH AGREE TO THIS!

Any updates to this very much needed feature, HubSpot?

avkin

OH MY GOODNESS! I just spent over 1 hour typing an email only to hve the whoe thing delete some crazy way (I still do not know what happended). It is SOOOOOOO frusterating that there is not an undo button HUBSPOT you need to address this or lose at least one customer! 

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, just a quick update, we've been in development of this feature for a little bit now and should have a beta coming soon. Unfortunately there's no "In Development" status I can set this idea to, to let you all know, but it should be progressing to the "In Beta" status in the next couple weeks. Thanks!

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! Just some quick news that we've introduced a new undo/redo feature to the drag and drop email editor today that should help out a huge amount. We've already seen customers getting loads of value from it and are really excited to hear what you think. Hope it helps!