HubSpot Ideas

kbarhoover

Email Reports Segmented by Contact Property

Currently in order to segment email data by any contact property you have to do the segmentation up front and associated the segmented lists with an email in order to get email statistics (sent, bounced, delivered, open, click, unsub) by by segment. Another way to do this is to export email statistics and export all contact properties, marry these two data sets up in some database (by contact id or email address).

It would be great to be able to, right on the sent email record, select a contact (or account) property and view the email statistics based on the selected property. Another way to do this might be to add more sophisticated email reports to the report center in HubSpot.

Ultimately, it would be great to see top level email statistics associated with XYZ campaign where contact's first name is Ken or contact's company type is Client OR maybe a combo of all contacts with @ABC.com email domain and department is Sales.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
February 04, 2020 01:06 PM

@kbarhoover Thank you for submitting! We are currently investigating adding this functionality. Please keep upvoting this and dropping in use cases/ problems you are trying to solve with this functionality. I will update this post with more information as we move along with this project. 

11 Kommentare
jessedaniel
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes! Up vote. Was just going to request this from my rep

amabilemorgan20
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree! Email is one of our biggest and most used tools, and we often struggle with the same things. We recently asked our HubSpot customer success manager with some help on this, and he was able to put together a dashboard of email metrics for us, that included certain calculated fields, that's helped a lot!

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
jaleonard19
HubSpot-Produktteam

@kbarhoover Thank you for submitting! We are currently investigating adding this functionality. Please keep upvoting this and dropping in use cases/ problems you are trying to solve with this functionality. I will update this post with more information as we move along with this project. 

kbarhoover
Teilnehmer/-in

I would hope to be able to do this within HubSpot but I have made progress pulling data into a SQL database via the HubSpot APIs and then manipulating the data via Tableau. 

Again, not ideal but looks like it is going to be the solution for us.

HagenMorten
Mitglied

We recently tried to do reporting on emails based on certain criteria and then wanted to export that data. So for example, being able to look at emails that include a certain term in the subject like "blog" and then pulling all of the associated data like number of emails sent, click rate etc. We ended up manually copying and pasting the small summary table on the Marketing>Email>Analyze page, but this is less than ideal.

nvertefeuille
Mitglied

@jaleonard19Personally I need to use this to segment by country. We are a global company and I have been bending over backwards to short seemingly simple open and click data by country for the exec team. This would be great to have!

CLGiovanni
Mitglied

This is super critical. It seems inane to me that you have to pre-plan segmentation before you send an email. My Dir Mktg is replicating an email identically (not customizing it per segment) simply to see the performance by segment. If you have 3 segments each across 3 different criteria (size, persona, industry), you'd have to do this 27 TIMES!!

I'm appalled Hubspot hasn't figured this out yet. If it's so hard to code, can you just give me a download of contact, segment fields, email performance? I have some software called Excel that can do the pivot table analysis my $10K hubspot subscription can't.

SRKelly
Teilnehmer/-in

Couldn't agree more. We need this so badly and it's difficult when trying to look at email stats for a certain demographic across dozens of emails in a campaign.

Example: 

I have a "Finance" campaign with 30 different emails...and each email has its own list that it's drawing from.

I can see the overall performance for all emails in the campaign, but now I want to know what the email stats looks like for just the Male contacts vs. Female contacts (and numerous other demographic characteristics).

Seems there is no easy way to do this right now. I'd love to have the email and contact data merged with the ability to pull in a csv file... or even a report in Hubspot that would allow us to do this.

lodonovan
Mitglied

Just thought I would chime in here and add how much of a game changer this would be. Our leads are global and we cater to a variety of different industries so it would be great to be able to compare the same email campaign (open rate, CTR, etc.) across country or industry. 

If I could create a list based on a specific property and enroll that list into an automated lead nurture campaign, it would be great to be able to see the email stats for just those specific recipients. 

RHennigan
Mitglied

Couldn't agree more with this!!!! Would be extremely useful!!! Is this still in the works ?!?!?!?!?!

KMcKay
Mitglied

This was a great idea 3 years ago, and it's still a great idea today!!

It would save so much time if we were able to filter Email Performance results by Email Domain(s). 
Today it's purely an excel exercise.  And to add a further layer of complication, the Email Event buckets that are provided in an export do not align to the values that are presented in the GUI. 

Email Events In HubSpot GUIEmail Events in Email Performance Export
SentSENT
DeliveredDELIVERED

Opened

OPEN
ClickedCLICK
RepliedDEFERRED
BouncedBOUNCE
UnsubscribedDROPPED
Spam ReportsSTATUSCHANGE
Not Sent 

@jaleonard19 can you confirm if this is still in the works?