HubSpot Ideas

acaringi

Email Reply Tracking

It would be great if Hubspot had the ability to track how many replies I got to my marketing newsletters. A lot of our newsletters are designed to get people to reply to them instead of having them click on something, so really the reply rate is what we want to measure over CTR.

Each newsletter is sent from a dynamically populated email address (based on the sales rep who is working with the lead), so it's pretty impossible to track this by just monitoring an inbox. 

Atualizações da HubSpot
April 04, 2021 09:11 AM

@BB1 yup totally correct there. This would be that order of operation:

1) Marketing email sent to contact

2) Contact replies to a connected inbox which was the "reply-to" address of email

3) Someone at the company (marketers, account rep, etc.) replies and logs the email. Then the text of the contacts reply will show up in the CRM 

If you are using just a connected inbox and not a team inbox, then the text of the replies are not automatically logged in step 2 above, and you need step 3. 

And to further clarify, in either case, the data point will be created which is what shows up in the reporting pages, lists, workflows, and on the timeline (X contact, replied to Y email). 

Hope that is all clear now @elise1 & @BB1 

March 29, 2021 12:01 PM

@elise1 - If all the contact owners already have their inboxes connected to HubSpot then the data (x contact replied to y email) should populate on the email reporting pages showing reply rates & which contacts replied to what email.  Additionally, the data will show up in workflows & lists to build with. 

What will not show up with your current configurations is the actual content of the reply that lands in the contact owner's inbox. Aka logging the email in the CRM. To get that functionality the inbox needs to be setup as a team inbox. 

March 29, 2021 08:00 AM

@elise1 yep that should work just fine. We have a number of customers who are doing something similar. As long as those contact owners have their inboxes connected to HubSpot (personal or otherwise) we should be able to generate the data that shows up in the email reports. 

If you want the email to be logged to the contact timeline though, then you will need your reps to have their inboxes set up as team inboxes. Instructions here for that.

Hope that helps. 

Status atualizado para: Delivered
March 29, 2021 07:12 AM

Hi folks- this is now live to all customers, with documentation here on how it works, and how to set it up. Feel free to continue to leave feedback here on how it works, and if you run into any issues please reach out through the normal HubSpot support channels.  

Status atualizado para: In Beta
November 30, 2020 04:04 PM

Hi folks - This is now in a Beta. We have been running an Alpha for some time now, and we are moving ahead in opening this up to a wider audience. All the folks who originally signed up via the google form I posted in this community thread have now been granted access. 

If you missed that google signup form please send me a direct message with your HubSpot Account ID + an email address and I will send over instructions and get you added to the Beta.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
September 11, 2020 07:06 AM

Hi folks- We are ~3-4 weeks away from kicking off the Alpha for this project. We had a lot of people sign-up, so we had to do 2 things: 
  1. The Alpha signup form is now closed. As soon as we are comfortable with the stability of the solution, we will open this back up & make it generally available. 
  2. We were only able to select a portion of those who signed up to participate in the Alpha. For those folks who were selected, I’ll be sending instructions on how to get access to the alpha and more information on how it will work.
  3. For those folks who weren’t selected, I’ll be reaching out to let you know. You will also be the first to get access as soon as we progress to the next stage.
Thank you for all your patience, and I am looking to finally getting this one resolved for you all!

August 24, 2020 10:27 AM

@Levi hey yea - So right now our goal is to get to an Alpha by the end of September. This is a goal we are setting, but it is subject to change.  In a comment above I posted a form here. Make sure you fill this out if you are interested in being included in this Alpha. We will select a handful from that list to get early access and to give us early feedback.

You will need to have your `reply-to` address be a connected inbox  or a HubSpot hosted/ fall back inbox. For connected inboxes we will only support Gmail or Outlook inboxes. The first step in this project will be surfacing data in HubSpot on which contacts are replying to which emails. ex/

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.21.23 PM.png

This data will show up on individual email reporting pages, as well as the global level across email campaigns in the email analyze reporting pages. We will also enable this data to be used in the lists and workflows tool. ex/

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.25.00 PM.png

Let me know if there are any other questions! Excited to get this one solved for you all 😀

April 20, 2020 02:22 PM

Hi folks -

Thank you for the comments, feedback, and honesty. I understand the frustration that the lack of functionality, and stagnation over the last 3 years is causing. Recognizing the repetitiveness of this comment, I will say we are actively moving towards bringing a solution for this into HubSpot.

What I am looking for now is to start pulling apart this problem with all of you individually. We are looking to understand all of your use cases in greater detail, and needs from a reply tracking solution. This will also be the pipeline we use for getting customers into an Alpha/ Beta once we have reached that point. If you are interested in providing feedback as we build out a reply tracking solution in HubSpot, and participating in an Alphas/Beta, then please fill out this form.

I hope everyone here is doing well during these stressful times.

February 26, 2020 09:31 AM

Hi Everyone - 

Taking this thread over from @Shay  Yes, this work item is in-planning right now. We haven't yet started development on it. We know roughly the work needed to get there and it should be prioritized in the near future. I will update this thread with more details once that timeline becomes clearer.

As we get closer  hopefully I can gather a few folks from here to get some early feedback. Looking forward to getting this one solved for you all! 

Cheers,

Jake

Status atualizado para: In Planning
February 15, 2019 05:49 AM

Hi all, wanted to share an update here. First off, we have definitely been paying attention here, and have been following along closely with all your feedback. Apologies for the radio silence, we didn't have anything super meaniful to share at the time. I have some good news, we totally agree that this is a very impactful feature for the HubSpot product and are doing a lot of research right now to identify how and when we can make this possible. We want this to reach it's full potential, including offering capabilites to enroll/unenroll from a workflow, log replies on contact timelines, offer list segmentation, rich email reporting, the whole kitchen sink. 

We'll be deep in planning and research for a little while on this so we may not have a beta soon, but I wanted to let you all know that there is light at the end of this tunnel and that your feedback was not falling on deaf ears. Bear with us on this, there's a lot to this feature but we think you're going to get a lot from it. Smiley feliz

April 03, 2017 01:54 PM

For some of our email marketing campaigns, our goal is to encourage a response/dialogue with their sales rep who is sending the email. It would be very helpful if one of the email marketing analytics we could track were replies sent to the "From Email Address". Ideally, "Out of Office Replies" would not be counted in this analytic.

178 Comentários
MorganneH
Participante

We need this too! Replies are the future of email marketing!

Deepa07
Membro

Yes, please! 

Please let's not assume that marketing emails are not responded to. 

There will be situtations when there's an email to be sent to a big list of contacts, and it won't be possible to send a sales email (vis templates) to each one of them.

So let's have this feature enabled, where we can see the contacts who replied and what they replied so we can keep track and follow up as required. 

Thanks.

Adam_Dawson
Participante

I need this. Please make it happen. Please!!!!

jlahr
Membro

How. How is this still not built yet?

daniel43
Membro

How has this not been added yet? What a giant oversight. Please get this added ASAP.

Shaddon
Membro

having just moved to the Hubspot platform i am surprised to see that it doesnt have this very basic feature that is readily avialable in other marketing email platforms. 

Hoody
Membro

Please add.

AdrienD
Membro

Such a basic and crucial feature! Please add!!

bendonahower
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Agreed! I saw in a support thread that this feature is not available because people do not typically respond to marketing emails... Well, HubSpot users aren't typical marketers 🙂 

I try to get engagement from my emails including replies.

Second the point that was mad that it should also be in workflows as well. 

GraceScrunch
Membro

Hey Hubspot - we would also support this product feature - particularly important for workflows + event marketing

Kaydeim
Membro

I, like the majority of users here, am a huge supporter of this functionality. It does seem mindboggling that a service that has done so much to allow for personalization of emails and encourages content that should illicit a response would leave off tracking for one of the simpliest, most immediate options that the recipient has at their disposal...the reply.

Fix this Hubspot.

Keith

DrAS
Colaborador(a)

I find it impossible to work without seeing email replies. Having to toggle back and forth in gmail defeats the whole purpose of a supposedly industry-leading CRM and Sales & Marketing Platform.

DrAS
Colaborador(a)

I find it impossible to work without seeing email replies. Having to toggle back and forth in gmail defeats the whole purpose of a supposedly industry-leading CRM and Sales & Marketing Platform.

DrAS
Colaborador(a)

DrAS
Colaborador(a)

I find it impossible to work without seeing email replies in an inbox fashion. Having to toggle back and forth in gmail defeats the whole purpose of a supposedly industry-leading CRM and Sales & Marketing Platform. Please follow link to upvote:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM-Email-IMAP-Setup/How-do-I-know-when-a-contact-has-sent-me-an-em...

ShannonWinning
Participante

Please, please consider this. Our client gets so many valuable replies to our blog rss and special one off emails. These often lead to sales but we don't have a way of proving it without slogging through his email and creating an excel sheet or a google doc with the interaction and result. This is time consuming and inefficient. 

joshduffy
Membro

100% agree, we don't really want to track clicks, etc in our nurturing email campaigns as we are trying to start a conversation. Would be great to track replies as right now the only way to see who replied is to check history in each Contact. 

mmaheshwari
Participante

Would highly appreciate this as a feature. Lots of other tools which cost a fraction of Hubspot are able to do this, not sure why this should not be a feature. 

It would be awesome to be able to measure the engagement of our emails just by tracking the replies, as that is what some emails are really meant for

keriestewart
Colaborador(a)

yes please! 

we just sent out a newsletter to database as a marketing email. and got a big response. 

how is number of replies/ reply rate not valuable marketing information?? 

hrclouddl
Membro

+1 to this feature