HubSpot Ideas

acaringi

Email Reply Tracking

It would be great if Hubspot had the ability to track how many replies I got to my marketing newsletters. A lot of our newsletters are designed to get people to reply to them instead of having them click on something, so really the reply rate is what we want to measure over CTR.

Each newsletter is sent from a dynamically populated email address (based on the sales rep who is working with the lead), so it's pretty impossible to track this by just monitoring an inbox. 

178 Replies
tpgoebel

Please allow automatic logging of replies to marketing emails. 

I am sending an auto-responder (from my personal email address which is connected with Hubspot) when someone fills in our form. I would like their replies to show up in Hubspot as normal email activity.

This feature is important for business/market development work. 

The goal is to make the workflow more efficient - I now have to manually search in my email inbox if that person has replied. 

jane2

I need this too

dborn

+1 

We have corporate account with more than 100 users and many of them using workflows with Marketing emails, and it's kind a wired when you have option to track sales email replies but no option to track marketing emails reply when we use it to nurture our clients with content or company personal updates.

Reversio

Same here. When I send marketing emails and receive answers, I want to have them on the contact who sent the reply. How my sales team can do a good work if they don't know ALL messages of their contacts, even if it was marketing communication? 

crodgers

Agree with everything that is stated above! I want the ability to be able to pull contacts out of a marketing workflow if they respond to an email and start engaging with my sales team directly! Its a pain to make them manually unenroll on an individual basis. Plus, responses are a huge factor of email performance, you don't get the full picture without that!

DevinRZC_DM
Participant

Absolutely would love this. We occasionally send out broadcasts from reps and would really like to be able to attribute and be able to report on the replies that each rep receives. 

cgibbons

This is important with emails sent from workflows too. If the contact replies to an email and is engaging directly with a sales rep, we want the workflow to stop sending to them. 

MKoskinen

Yes! This would be perfect addition for conversational marketing toolkit.

PS. Why I can't upvote? 🤔

jenakse

Jumping in to stay on top of any movement in this area on the part of Hubspot. Our company could greatly benefit from the ability to track replies to emails, as it's the main goal of our drip campaigns (to get people to reply and start a conversation).

KAebersold

Also jumping in to track how this is doing.  We have a really small sales team and we're looking to take out some of the manual qualification work they do on initial discovery calls by automating follow up emails for any of our key form fills (contact, demo etc.).  The goal is to MQL anyone from there that actually replies to the email and then also remove them from receiving follow up emails in the same workflow. 

Hope this comes soon!

StephanieB
Contributor | Elite Partner

PLEASE make this a thing! It should be a given since my emails are logged and tracked but for some reason, replies in Gmail to marketing emails sent from my email address don't get logged. 

elise1
Contributor

This is crazy. This is a key feature of Hubspot - that emails are logged and tracked. Why are we paying more for this add-on that has this basic flaw.

RSajid

This is also something I have been looking at. At the moment the only workaround seems to be to have a custom reply-to address for the marketing emails but imagine even this feature would work if this custom reply-to was a BCC. We want our prospects to reach out to real people, and if they reply we (as in the marketing team) are able to see who replies, without having to chase the respective sales reps.

AshleeRose

Agreed would love this! 

ledguy

Yes Please!!

MargaretE

Let me start off by saying that we love HubSpot. We've enjoyed all of the educational areas available and all of the different marketing aspects that we've been able to integrate into our daily work. 

The reply tracking though is one area that we've found to be terribly frustrating. While we were open to adding on the Sales Hub integration to use sequences instead of workflows, sequences just don't have the same capabilities that workflows do. Even for generalized marketing emails, we are always trying to get users to respond to us and make that personal connection. It only makes sense that these replies should be tracked. 

HubSpot is such an innovative and responsive company it just amazes me that this has yet to come through even with an idea posted nearly 3 years ago. Hopefully, something is in the works for the near future. 

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

Just want to add a vote to this idea.

For all our clients we create a "checking in" automated email that gets sent around 24 hours after someone downloads a content offer. This is designed to look very personalised and simply asks if the person needs any additional help.

It gets TONS of direct replies - or so we hear from our clients! Currently there's no way in HubSpot to track this, which creates a rather large gap in HubSpot's "closed loop" reporting.

henrypaytia

Very much in favour of a solution like this!!!

jenrankin
Participant

We 100% agree with the need for this feature. As a B2B company, that's the end goal of almost all of our nurture campaigns. 

PavedToPines

On top of that, it would be fantastic to allow me to have my workflows function through the condition logical of whether or not a prospect has responded to my email or not.