HubSpot Ideas

acaringi

Email Reply Tracking

It would be great if Hubspot had the ability to track how many replies I got to my marketing newsletters. A lot of our newsletters are designed to get people to reply to them instead of having them click on something, so really the reply rate is what we want to measure over CTR.

Each newsletter is sent from a dynamically populated email address (based on the sales rep who is working with the lead), so it's pretty impossible to track this by just monitoring an inbox. 

178件のコメント
daniella1993
参加者

There should be a way for marketing email replies be tracked in the email report view. So essentially, the report would show: delivered, bounced, opened, clicked AND replied.

khughes
HubSpot製品開発チーム

For some of our email marketing campaigns, our goal is to encourage a response/dialogue with their sales rep who is sending the email. It would be very helpful if one of the email marketing analytics we could track were replies sent to the "From Email Address". Ideally, "Out of Office Replies" would not be counted in this analytic.

AmyF
メンバー

It would be great if we are able to see email replies in HubSpot following an email campaign.  Our emails are typically personalized and sent from various lead owners so it's difficult to track responses.  Thanks!

ステータスに更新: Needs Detail
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey @AmyF thank you for posting! Can I clarify if you are referring to the emails that are sent via the CRM or Marketing Emails sent using HubSpot's Marketing Basic / Pro / Enterprise platforms? Thank you!

magandy2
メンバー

Would love the ability to track a contact's response as easily as I can track my original email. I realize this can be done by forwarding their response to the hub id but this is pretty clunky. All emails should have the "Log in CRM" check box.

Babel_Gem
投稿者 | Elite Partner

Seen that @AmyF hasn't replied here, but from my perspective I do agree that being able to see if someone has replied to a marketing email send through at least Pro / Enterprise. It would be great to see the reply, but if not possible, at least to show whether a reply has been received by the marked sender. Often we send emails where the goal or CTA is for the recipient to reply, and being able to report on this would be valuable, without having to ask sales teams, MD's etc if they received a reply. Understandably, a limitation here would be that out of office replies would probably count, which wouldn't be so good.

laurex
メンバー

100%! Marketing should be the start to building a relationship, and we need to track email replies!

Bartellglobal
メンバー

Our company utilizes workflows with the end goal of starting conversations with our prospects. Right now, we have no way of tracking whether a prospect replies to a marketing email or not. I think this is a big miss in terms of reporting because it is a very important interaction that we can't quantify. 

haldrich
参加者

Agreed... this is a very important aspect of our marketing.

We have workflows that get triggered after a user fills out a certain form (an online quote form for us).
That automatically starts no only a task for the hubspot owner, but also starts a series of marketing emails to the user.

These are in _addition_ to the Sales emails we also send...

If the user responds to a marketing email, it needs to be part of their record so that when I go to call or speak with them, I can see a full evaluation of their interaction.  It may be that in their response, they already said -leave me alone- or something... or they may have asked a question we need to address.

These emails are just as critical as sales emails to the process...

NickRise
参加者

This seems like a no-brainer.

If I'm sending out an email with the subject "This is my subject" then HubSpot should be able to see replies that look like "Re: This is my subject" and count them as "replied to." 

If I were building a HubSpot competitor, this would be one of the first things I'd build. Build campaigns based upon reply logic.

SamDickson
メンバー

Agreed.

Spencer
参加者

Hey, I think this is super important!

I visibility is No.1 importance with my marketing and if I cant tell how my messages are doing and get this type of feedback then I'm in the dark. 

Please update!!

Thanks!

NickRise
参加者

Not only just tracking as the original comment, but the ability for "reply" to be added to the "if/then" logic of a workflow. If I send a marketing campaign, I should be able to know, "Hey these people replied and these people didn't." Campaigns should be based around ACTUAL BEHAVIOR not time or non-discrete behavior. The options right now certainly aren't based upon real, tangible behavior that's centered around buying.

The current situation.The current situation.

troelsfeodor
トップ投稿者

I like Mailchimps "Conversations" feature which solves this problem: http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/manage-contacts/set-up-and-use-conversations

RafiPN
投稿者

Yes! I actually wrote a 'rant' on inbound about this. We do B2B with sales cycles of 8-12 months average. The most important thing is how engaged prospects are when going through the process. It would be super helpful to see which deals are taking longer to respond or not at all. Groove, Ebsta, and Yesware are the only three who have reply rate tracking that I found so far.

twandeleijer
参加者

For us this would also be an important feature. Like @acaringi we have also designed some of our emails in order to trigger a reply as the preferred action. Now we can't measure this in Hubspot. I have to ask the owners (the sender is dynamically set to the contact's owner) how many replies they received in a specific time period, in order to analyze the effectiveness of the email campaign. That is a hassle and could be easier.

Idea: add an optional toggle to track replies on email campaigns. This would set a specific reply-to address that looks very much the same as the sender's email address. Once this reply-to address receives the email a reply is measured and the email is forwarded to the actual email address.

For example

Sender: martin.johnson@company.com

Reply-to: martin.johnson@company.hs.com (or martin.johnson@email.company.com > if that's a domain set up with hubspot).

In any case, I would not want to have to rely on the Gmail inbox integration. If the owner hasn't set that up or disables it, the data might get skewed.

Darren_Larkins
メンバー

A similar use case is for 'personalizing' invitiations to events (trade shows). The replies to these campaigns indicate individuals who should

• be researched so that the booth staff and sales teams are better informed.
  • be further nurtured as the event gets closer and once it starts.
Anonymous
適用対象外

We currently have to use the ####@forward.hubspot.com to log replies to marketing emails. We have marketing Pro and send emails out on behalf of our sales team all the time, but the replies are not logged like one-to-one emails. It would be a huge advantage to see these replies in the timeline without the manual effort.

ステータスに更新: Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム

mbn
メンバー

Completely agree. The needs to be able to track email replies is crucial. When communicating with partners, we ne to follow tracking.