HubSpot Ideas

mecalagill

Email Opt Out Reason and What Email made them unsubscribe export option

It would be helpful to have a way of exporting what was the last email they received, what email they unsubscribed from, and a reason as to why they unsubscribed. 

It would be benefical for us to get to know our leads better and helps with segmentation of similar leads that are still subscribed. 

22 Replies
Cameron
Contributor

Great idea to understand the reason why people unsubscribe.

I'm experimenting with a form asking the reason for unsubscribing on the "Subscription Update Confirmation Page", however it's very clunky.

TylerScionti
HubSpot Product Team

This is on the team's radar and we are beginning to research how this will work/where it will fit in the platform. Stay tuned for updates/details on beta access!

sarboledap
Participant

Hey guys, do you know if there any updates about the idea implementation? It has been a while since the hubspot team classified it as "Planning". I'm very interested in this feature.

REades

We could really use this too. Great idea.

jag1

We need this one too. I am surprised that this capability is not available in Hubspot.

LRipton
Participant

Also we were looking into this -

We would also like a way for these to be split out per brand
Plus if anyone unticks any of the unsub options and unsubscribes the page can be redirected to another to be able to do an unsubscribe survey to find out why.

JBarber

This is definitely something we would like to implement.

Shame it isn't available yet as it seems to be a very common feature.

Thanks,

graknlabs

@TylerScionti -- is there an update on this? Last was in 2018 that it was "in planning"......

Rianna

@hubspot this idea was suggested four years ago and picked up for planning three years ago. Is this likely to be deployed this year?

lesliebartels
Contributor

Any update on this idea?

SPretorius

Strongly agree with creating options to select reasons to unsubscribe please!

jthompson54755

In our previous system, we found that users had left the company and someone else in the office was "unsubscribing" them with the reason "no longer with the company" as the reason.  If they have left the company, we'd like to remove them completely.  Please let me know when an unsubscribe reason is available.

ALopes

Any updates on this? We were looking for it and couldn't find it and it is something that we really would like to implement too. In our previous email marketing provider, we were able to see the reason why people were unsubscribing. It would be good if the options could be defined by us, instead of the generic ones.

ridingforlife07
Participant

This is a very similar idea, that was set to not planned: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Short-survey-asking-people-why-they-unsubscribed/idi-...

Disappointing as this is the sort of thing HubSpot recommends, but they don't implement or provide any updates.

MPawils

Any news on this? Would like to implement this to offer better experiences. Thank you in advance! 

APinna0

Please add this basic feature. 

FFulton-Segur

Posting on behalf of a customer that would really benefit from having this feature added. It's important for marketing teams to know why customer's decide not to receive emails any more for reporting purposes 🙂

Akix17

It has been almost 4 years since this went to "In Planning". Update? We need something like this in my organization.

ogosdeck

+1 for being able to add an exit survey when someone unsubscribes

BluePixelDesign
Participant

5 1/2 years later... any progress on this?