Email Contact when Ticket is created

I would like the ability to send an automated email to a contact (customer) when a ticket is created for them. The customer should be able to reply to this email to add comments or attachments to the ticket.

We are using a custom contact form with a workflow that creates tickets for our contacts. I've tried to add an email to the customer as part of this workflow but it doesn't work very well because that email is not associated with the ticket. Best case scenario, replies create a new conversation, worst case scenario, they're lost in the ether.

Email conversations related to tickets should appear to the contact as a continuous stream of communication, meaning all previous replies should be included in every email that is sent to them from that ticket. Until this is implemented our communications with customers will be fragmented and potentially confusing.

3 Replies
dblechner
Visitor

+1 on this request.
it's an important, even fundamental part, of providing good service over email.
And in the case of Hubspot's own support system - this is working exactly as described above and even more - customer (myself in this case) is provided with an email including a case number right after submitting a support request and there's a dashboard to see all of my support requests. 

sambenthom
Occasional Contributor

Agreed, this is a pretty critical step in customer support. It's also pretty standard for a confirmation email to be sent to those that send a support inquiry. 

A customer sends an email to support@ or submits form, they should get the good feeling that a ticket was created for them and that their issue is being reviewed ASAP.

They should also be provided ticket information in order to reference that moving forward. They can then reply to the email and have all additional information be added to the specific ticket instead of opening additional threads/conversations/tickets - that can get messy quick.

Because an email would be sent, then a little bit of cusomtization or control over the style of email should be there as well.

Anyway, I guess you all know that because Hubspot has such a mechanism in place :-) Looking forward to seeing this rolled out

NoD
Occasional Contributor

We would need this function too.

Usually our Customers get automated Reply with the information of an opened Ticket and the ticket ID. Now they want to "add" more information to the ticket and reply to that mail. 

What happens? Hubspot is creating a NEW ticket and the workflow sends another reply that the ticket was openend.

FAIL

We really need more functions in that "ticketsystem" at all.