HubSpot Ideas

James-Preseem

Elapsed Time Since property or calculation option

Although it is possible to evaluate the time elapsed since some other property has changed or to take action based on the time difference between now and another property.  It is not possible or practical to have a specific property that periodically updates the elapsed time since in terms of hours or days. 

Example.

Last Activity Date shows the last time an activity was updated on a ticket.

Elapsed time since last activity would show the hours/days since the ticket was last updated.

This could be accomplished by

• HubSpot creating and or exposing that property
  • Adding the ability to create a time specific calculated property that is based on the difference between Now and the time based property that you are comparing it to.

Example

Elapsed Time Since Last Activity

Calculation:  Time between 

Now()  current time - Last Activity Date 

Possibly add in the option to express this in HH or DD.

My use case is that I want to create a series of thresholds for reporting and taking action.  Tracking activity based on the number of days that have elapsed since last activity date.  Examples.

• No activity
  • < 7 days
  • 7-14 days
  • >14 days 

Today I create 4 different workflows to update a single property that I call ActivityTracker to track the elapsed time.  If I want to be more granular than this, then I am more of less forced to increase the number of workflows that I create to add create or update a viewable elapsed time property.

This same logic can be applied to any `last....date` property.

The same logic can be applied to `created date` vs. now or Age of ticket.

2 Replies
Sebastiaan8989
Participant

We would love this to be implemented as well.

Some of the things we would like to create are:

• Calculate the average time a contact stays as a customer.
  • Add enrollment triggers based on the time between actions.

FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

I absolutely need this!

My team needs to take actions based on SLAs and without this I need to create a lot of workarounds to solve this problem.