HubSpot Ideas

kadekl

Editing a contact's Original source drill-down 1&2 property values

I'd like the ability to edit individually and in bulk, the Original source drill-down 1 and Original source drill-down 2 property values. This would be helpful specifically with correcting imports. 

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
October 20, 2021 03:28 PM

We are still exploring solutions - as you all can imagine, there are thousands of variants of OS-1 and OS-2. We've also found that sometimes, customers want to move OS-2's value to OS-1, and OS-1 to OS; sometimes customers want to overwrite the labels altogether with something new.

To scale for all these use cases, the solution we are leaning toward is providing new properties: Analytics OS, OS-1, and OS-2 (today's current OS system). We'd then allow you to either use these existing values to "hydrate" the OS, OS-1 and OS-2 values PR OR you could set them manually.

I'll update the status of this idea accordingly.

18 Replies
Mushimushi02

+1

josephfung
Participant
oboote

Absolutely required - clearly they're not "read-only" as they can be erased (by editing Original Source) - so at least let us correct them properly.

I now have incorrect capture of data in drilldown 1 which will rear its ugly head for MONTHS in report until the period simply falls off charts - unless I make some single-use custom field + workflows to populate it and train everyone to use this duplicate field instead. The thought of managing that going forwards makes me want to hang myself.

PS: SERIOUSLY labour intensive but I suspect you actually can correct this issue by creating duplicate contacts with correct values using the Forms API and then MERGING them - but it will take tooling and manual work.

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

We are still exploring solutions - as you all can imagine, there are thousands of variants of OS-1 and OS-2. We've also found that sometimes, customers want to move OS-2's value to OS-1, and OS-1 to OS; sometimes customers want to overwrite the labels altogether with something new.

To scale for all these use cases, the solution we are leaning toward is providing new properties: Analytics OS, OS-1, and OS-2 (today's current OS system). We'd then allow you to either use these existing values to "hydrate" the OS, OS-1 and OS-2 values PR OR you could set them manually.

I'll update the status of this idea accordingly.

AEugene
Participant

+1

thomas9

+1

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

MBoyts
Participant | Platinum Partner

@dmastin any updates to share?

Chorany1
Member | Partner

+1

TKanellopoulo9

+1. Being able to also add additional customization to the OS property is important. For example, I currently am unable to identify leads coming from marketing events as this isn't an option. 

LSunstrum
Participant

Hey @dmastin , Any update on this?? I'd love to be able to use the drill down to modify them for call tracking. Any updates on this?

Markowskiak
Participant

This is totally insane how we still can NOT do this !!!! Offline and online events ???? This should have been fixed years ago

Markowskiak
Participant

Can we get an update ???

Markowskiak
Participant

We really need this.

TToyn

Following - This would be huge for me and my company 

TobiasWi

Any news? We have to be able to customize the OS fields to our needs. Right now it's a pain to track custom paid channels (e.g. display ads, affilliate) and leads from offline events with additional custom fields.

DorottyaRabi

Following - Im really excited about this

phst

We would really benefit from this feature! +1