HubSpot Ideas

marausa

Editing Web Version of Published E-mail

It would be great to have the ability to edit a web version of an e-mail that has been sent/published. Being able to correct copy or a link after hitting send would be a valuable feature, and I know I would appreciate having that option, if needed.

HubSpot Updates
April 08, 2019 07:09 AM

Hi @marausa, thanks for posting your idea! For the moment there are no plans to introduce editing of the web version post-send as these are technically one in the same. The web version isn't a copy of the email, it's just the email itself hosted on a sharable URL. We'd want to make sure that even if a visitor came back to view an email some time after it was sent, that the web version they could visit would match the content in their inbox. 

Regarding your second suggestion though, being able to unpublishing the web version, this is something that we'd definitely be interested in looking into. Going to keep this post open for others to provide feedback/upvotes on and keep an eye on it from our side. Thanks again for providing your feedback!

13 Replies
marausa

Also, the ability to unpublish the web version after the fact would be another great feature. I know we can set the expiration but that's in the layout stage. Thanks!

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @marausa, thanks for posting your idea! For the moment there are no plans to introduce editing of the web version post-send as these are technically one in the same. The web version isn't a copy of the email, it's just the email itself hosted on a sharable URL. We'd want to make sure that even if a visitor came back to view an email some time after it was sent, that the web version they could visit would match the content in their inbox. 

Regarding your second suggestion though, being able to unpublishing the web version, this is something that we'd definitely be interested in looking into. Going to keep this post open for others to provide feedback/upvotes on and keep an eye on it from our side. Thanks again for providing your feedback!

DBowers

I would agree. The option to edit or delete the web version would be useful. 

VEmrick

It would also help to be able to update links after a send, even if we can't edit the other text. 

Druby
Member | Elite Partner

Bumping this, I'm actually running into an issue where some emails we sent nearly a decade ago have mixed HTTP/HTTPS content and are being crawled and throwing errors.

Danirm

Maybe it would be great to edit the web versión and show a message  informing that the version shown is different from the original.

amsteiner
Participant

+1; this feature is needed. Mistakes happen, and having the ability to fix a link or typo in the web version of an email would not harm the customer experience so long as there's a little note about an edit having happened and what that edit was, similar to how edits can be made on Facebook posts. 

JSchmidt3

Agreed! Not being able to edit the web version is annoying to say the least, and a disclaimer note would alleviate any concerns regarding the web version matching the email content.

KindraWP
Participant

Agreed that this would be super, super helpful! 

katlud
Participant

I'd really like to be able to delete/unpublish webversion of emails that were not set to expire in the original send.

csymphony
Participant

I desperately need this feature too! 

RGrimmett

Thanks, we needed this feature today, to be able to edit the web version.

KalBhojak
Participant

I think this would be a great addition to future HubSpot updates. Like the CTA, once could be able to replace or change images as well using some mechanism. This will allow one to update the content and context on the fly, so its all replaced and updated using, say, "dynamic content module" - including, text, images, CTAs, etc.  We have all been there, where content/context need to be updated due to internal requirements - only after the email was released!

I think this would be a great addition to future HubSpot updates. But, using "dynamic content module" could be a solution for adoption and ease of use.