HubSpot Ideas

Compuware

Edit existing Campaign name

Would be helpful if you could edit the name to a campaign. It is currently uneditableHS Idea 2.PNG

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
April 20, 2021 09:02 AM

Hi all, thank you to those that helped us test this feature out, I'm pleased to share that it's now been released to all portals. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

ステータスに更新: In Beta
March 23, 2021 10:15 AM

Hi all! As Joe had just posted, we've just opened up a beta allowing renaming of Marketing Campaigns. As impossible as it might seem, we've been chipping away at this feature since my last update, almost non-stop. This update required us to completely re-engineer how a lot of the core structure of Campaigns worked, to allow us to divorce the campaign name as the primary ID for the campaign. 

The result is that it is now possible to rename a campaign, and while we've done our best to ensure that the current behaviour of Marketing Campaigns is still intact there's still a possibility that some reporting data could change when a campaign name is changed. As a result, we'll be taking this beta somewhat slow to ensure it works as expected. 

If you're interested in getting access to this beta, you can submit your portal ID(s) here: https://forms.gle/AhEGUDZghfrtpijQ8

All that we ask is that you let us know here if anything doesn't work as expected or if there's anything missing you'd like to see.

How it works

A quick rundown of what you'll find when you get access, clicking Actions > Edit on any campaign will now show a new sidebar panel where you can edit all the details of the campaign, including the name: 

edit.png

A practical example of this, if a you created a campaign call "Campaign Old" and then renamed it to "Campaign New", when it was initially created a utm_campaign value would be created and associated with it called "campaign+old", and when it was renamed, an additional utm_campaign called "campaign+new". Moving forward, both utm_campaign values are associated with the campaign, so any old or new traffic on URLs with utm_campaign=campaign+old or utm_campaign=campaign+new will be associated with the same campaign in HubSpot.

Once renamed, any references to that Campaign inside the app will automatically update (i.e. assets will show as being associated with "Campaign New") and any tracking URLs built inside the Tracking URL Builder app in HubSpot will automatically update to use the new utm_campaign value.

Getting access

If you're interested in getting access to this beta, you can submit your portal ID(s) here: https://forms.gle/AhEGUDZghfrtpijQ8

Requests will be actioned once every business day, so it might take a day before you see the update in your account. Please let us know if you see any issues as you try it out.

ステータスに更新: In Planning
May 22, 2020 10:41 AM

Hi all, have an exciting update for you here, this is actively in development and should be live in June. We're not quite at the beta stage yet, but not far off and when we get there I'll open it up to you all. 

An explainer on what this will look like, today the campaign name in HubSpot direclty links to the utm_campaign for tracking URLs, that's how we know how to match the two together. This has meant that renaming a campaign would cause historic data to be lost. What we're working on is the abiltiy to rename a HubSpot campaign and associate an additional utm_campaign with it matching the new name.

An example, my campaign was called "May 2020 Webinar" meaning the utm_campaign for it was may_2020_webinar. Let's say it we change it from a webinar to a QnA session, we can now change the campaign name to "May 2020 QnA" and HubSpot will create a new utm_campaign for it matching may_2020_qna, and will also keep the old may_2020_webinar utm_campaign attached so none of the old data is lost. Going forward you'd be able to use either utm_campaign and all the data will roll up to the same HubSpot campaign. Does this align with how you'd expect it to work?

Additionally, I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020 

Thanks again for your feedback.

Re: Edit existing Campaign name - changed to: In Planning
January 04, 2019 01:03 PM

40件のコメント
Matija2209
参加者

YES PLEASE!

ThorstenFinMent
メンバー

Yes, we need it, too!

KarolinaSa
参加者

I agree, I just wanted to edit the name of one campaign and I hope I will be able soon. 🙂 

ireneponsati
メンバー | Solutions Partner

We need this feature! We think it's something basic!

adodge
HubSpot Employee

Please make the label of the campaign not the same as the value used to populate the utm if possible, thank you:-)

andimorton
参加者

Must be able to rename campaigns. NO-ONE starting out with HubSpot has their naming conventions sorted out... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN SOON.

dan6392
メンバー

How is this not a thing yet? Please make it happen - it is much needed.

benitag
メンバー | Solutions Partner

This is important for us also! We have some legacy campaigns where we've moved to new ones and due to older names or something being named similarly to a different campaign, we've run into issues where people have added things into the wrong campaign not realising it was the legacy campaign that we were keeping for data-only.

Being able to edit and add '[ARCHIVED]' or '[LEGACY]', for example, would mean there was much less confusion.

DavidPower
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Surely this could be sorted out.  It's a huge deal when your team start off with a name and then it needs to change for some reason so that campaigns are not used incorrectly. HubSpot is all about the data yet this critical feature to help show the follow of efforts becomes problematic when the wrong campaign is used. Also, the ability to merge would also be great. 

brigandine2000
参加者

Hi HubSpot team - is there any update on this?

swoelk
メンバー

I can totally agree here - renaming campaigns would be great, even if the utm tags stay the same. 

BriennaIE
メンバー

Oh this would be so helpful! Naming Conventions have changed! Maybe just the core could remain the same for tracking but for visibility and organization, the internal name or what have you could be edited as the name arises. 

Louis
参加者

It s a non sense this feature is not live !!

ステータスに更新: In Planning
Shay
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all, have an exciting update for you here, this is actively in development and should be live in June. We're not quite at the beta stage yet, but not far off and when we get there I'll open it up to you all. 

An explainer on what this will look like, today the campaign name in HubSpot direclty links to the utm_campaign for tracking URLs, that's how we know how to match the two together. This has meant that renaming a campaign would cause historic data to be lost. What we're working on is the abiltiy to rename a HubSpot campaign and associate an additional utm_campaign with it matching the new name.

An example, my campaign was called "May 2020 Webinar" meaning the utm_campaign for it was may_2020_webinar. Let's say it we change it from a webinar to a QnA session, we can now change the campaign name to "May 2020 QnA" and HubSpot will create a new utm_campaign for it matching may_2020_qna, and will also keep the old may_2020_webinar utm_campaign attached so none of the old data is lost. Going forward you'd be able to use either utm_campaign and all the data will roll up to the same HubSpot campaign. Does this align with how you'd expect it to work?

Additionally, I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020 

Thanks again for your feedback.

kimkovelle
メンバー

Following this for updates. I'm hoping this upgrade is made soon; would be fantastic, as things do change!

HSantel
メンバー

Very necessary feature. Any update on progress?

Msyvrais
キーアドバイザー

@Shay  Hi Shay any update on this development? We would love to see this feature in action!

Otterbot
投稿者

Was this ever deployed?

ステータスに更新: In Beta
Shay
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all! As Joe had just posted, we've just opened up a beta allowing renaming of Marketing Campaigns. As impossible as it might seem, we've been chipping away at this feature since my last update, almost non-stop. This update required us to completely re-engineer how a lot of the core structure of Campaigns worked, to allow us to divorce the campaign name as the primary ID for the campaign. 

The result is that it is now possible to rename a campaign, and while we've done our best to ensure that the current behaviour of Marketing Campaigns is still intact there's still a possibility that some reporting data could change when a campaign name is changed. As a result, we'll be taking this beta somewhat slow to ensure it works as expected. 

All that we ask is that you let us know here if anything doesn't work as expected or if there's anything missing you'd like to see.

How it works

A quick rundown of what you'll find when you get access, clicking Actions > Edit on any campaign will now show a new sidebar panel where you can edit all the details of the campaign, including the name: 

edit.png

A practical example of this, if a you created a campaign call "Campaign Old" and then renamed it to "Campaign New", when it was initially created a utm_campaign value would be created and associated with it called "campaign+old", and when it was renamed, an additional utm_campaign called "campaign+new". Moving forward, both utm_campaign values are associated with the campaign, so any old or new traffic on URLs with utm_campaign=campaign+old or utm_campaign=campaign+new will be associated with the same campaign in HubSpot.

Once renamed, any references to that Campaign inside the app will automatically update (i.e. assets will show as being associated with "Campaign New") and any tracking URLs built inside the Tracking URL Builder app in HubSpot will automatically update to use the new utm_campaign value.

Getting access

Requests will be actioned once every business day, so it might take a day before you see the update in your account. Please let us know if you see any issues as you try it out.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
Shay
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all, thank you to those that helped us test this feature out, I'm pleased to share that it's now been released to all portals. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.