HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Edit contact right side bar within Conversation Inbox

Hey team,

Raising this for a customer here.

It would be great if we can hide some of HubSpot's default section in the contact right sidebar within the Conversation Inbox (and possibly in contact records too)

Currently, we are not able to hide or remove the default sections such as deals and conversations. However, some customers find that very cluttered and confusing.

Thank you!

35 Replies
GaetanSH

Hi !
More than removing default, fully personalize the information displayed from objects (contacts, tickets, transactions, etc...) properties would be great.
That way we can personalize what information is displayed to our team so they get the information needed (like custom contact fields significant to them) without having to dig inside the contact page.
Thanks!

AFresha

Hey, 

Is there any update on this? There is way too much information on the screen and we would like to be able to choose what we want to see on the right hand side within the ticket and also within the conversations. 

You should be able to customise that depedning what departmen you are working: Sales, CX, etc. 

Thank you!

netaffinitymaja
Contributor

Would love to have an option to customise which fields are displayed from each section 

KDarroch

Is there any update on this? It seems obvious to want to include playbooks on the convo sidebar so that agents can refer to them. A necessary update.

DLoszewski
Participant

This is unfortunate that this is not already available but not surprised as I'm finding that Hubspot is far less customizable than I was lead to believe.  

TShukert47
Participant

It would be great if we could also reorder the right hand section for all team members in a portal to standardize the internal process. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Depending what you are looking to achieve some of this is already possible today. The right side in the conversations inbox seems to reflect the left sidebar  for the "About this contact" section. The only issue is it makes that change directly on the contact as well so it could affect others using the CRM differently. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Also see how to customize right sidebars in hubspot 

MFischer
Participant | Platinum Partner

We need that to!

leslie_utley

Hi - We'd like to be able to view a Contact's Page Views from within the Inbox view ---- currently, this info exists within the Contact Record -> Activities tab, but not in the view of the Contact Record that appears in the Inbox. Seeing a user's recent page views is kind of critical to providing a good support experience. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

I would love to see this happen as well!

ElBr
Participant

+ 100

ChanelleS
Participant

+1 this would help trim down information for my support team

EricaL

Really suprised this is not already customisable. I need to edit the default view to reorder and remove irrelevant items from the Inbox Right Sidebar for my whole team.

dspsolves

I found this thread searching for a solution to the same problem everybody is facing here.

The "About this contact" sections in the contact's left sidebar and the conversation's right sidebar are identical.

Both can be customized from one place. You can use this article to do so.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

This validates what @richard88 mentioned in a previous comment.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1 - Would love to have an option to customise which fields are displayed from each section 

samara1
Participant | Elite Partner

+100

CMitchell6

Ideally needs to be customisable - deal records  etc are so I don't understand why conversations tool is so outdated. 

jezabeleljuri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1000000

Ideal that it can be customized, in adding cards, fields or hiding according to the teams configured in HubSpot.

HLamaire3
Participant

Hi, it would be handy to have the possibility to customize by default the right sidebar of the inbox. Looking fwd to it.