HubSpot Ideas

Ccortez

Edit Deal info from Email Extension

In Sidekick for Outlook it is currently possible to edit contact and company properties, as well as edit and add tasks. Whereas for Deals, it is only possible to view associated deals in Sidekick and be delivered to the deal record in HubSpot when you click on one. I would like to be able to edit/update deal properties/stages directly from the Sidekick plugin for Outlook. 

11 Replies
Hartzdaniel
Participant

I think this is a great idea and agree. It would be so convenient to be able to update deal stages right from Gmail 

geoburke

It's really important to not need to switch between email and HubSpot for every email, just to add a new deal or update an existing one. 

Madsteer79
Participant

Totally agree with the above.  In addition, being able to ssociate an email to a deal directly from sidekick would save a huge amount of time (instead of having to find the contact within Hubspot, find the email just sent to the CRM, and manually associate it with the correct deal(s)).

For top marks, it would be super useful if a deal could be created from an email.

In general Hubspot CRM is great, but we are seriously considering churning off Hubspot for another CRM because of this lack of functionality.

kimcastlemain
Participant

I would really like a whole refresh to be done to the Outlook Add-on. It seems like there are a LOT of small but frustrating issues related to logging and contact creation. Additionally, we would use the native HubSpot interface for all correspondence if we could, but the 1:1 sales emailing has such limited customization in terms of fonts/formatting, so we are forced to use the Outlook add-on to have reasonable control over formatting, and then we have to deal with messy or manual logging. If the Outlook Add-On was improved, my team would be substantially more enthusiastic about using HubSpot.

dreamerdad
Participant

When someone emails me asking for a proposal. I normally respond via google apps email and I want to, at that point, while i am in google apps email, create a deal associated with that contact.

BB1
Top Contributor

Great question. We do this by setting up a Contact field with a drop-down which triggers a workflow to creat/update Deals.

By now, you may notice that Hubspot Sales emails are more flexible.

SKulkarni

Hi,

Currently, I am using Streak. Planning to switch to Hubspot.

One great feature is a button in Gmail to add any e-mail thread to the sales pipeline. 

All the subsequent emails get the tag of that particular stage. 

You can also change the pipeline stage from the same button.

It helps create/ update the pipeline stage without having to leave your inbox.

Can you check and add the same, please?

thanks in advance.

SKulkarni

we use CRM to optimize our time and efforts. If one has to leave the inbox to add lead details, it will defeat the purpose.

especially our sales team will be reluctant in adding these details separately.

A feature like this - to update from Gmail/any other mail is a must.

BB1
Top Contributor

Hi @SKulkarni as I mentioned above, you can add a drop-down field on the contact, which you can edit in the email sidebar, which will trigger creating and/or updaing a pipeline.

SKulkarni

thank you @BB1 .

Tried that. Does that automatically create/ update the pipeline stage? I entered the drop-down list and its internal value while creating the list.

I don't see the leads in my pipeline when I update it from the mail as suggested by you.

am I missing something?

DJMoss

I switched from Streak assuming this feature was included and am very disappointed to see it is not available. That might be a deal breaker for me... quite a pain to have to open hubspot after any change in the deal status. I'm surprised this hasn't been added 6 years after it was first requested.