HubSpot Ideas

Courtney

Edit Contacts in a Sequence

It would be WONDERFUL if HubSpot would allow a feature that would allow us to edit a contacts sequence without unenrolling them. It would save a lot of time, and it would make things better to customize each contact's sequence. 

4 Replies
IanM
Participant

I couldn't agree more.

Or having the customised sequence saved so that unenrolling doesn't lose all the personalisation.

carlyallman

Even just being able to edit the email address that is tied to the sequence would be beneficial. Our company works primarily with school districts, and email addresses for teachers can change almost yearly. Being able to change the email address would save so much time for us and help keep our records cleaner instead of having to unenroll and reenroll every time they remove/add the "." in their email addresses.

linnea
Participant

Yes! All around more customization for sequences PLEASE. I enroll people in sequences, but new ideas and information about our businesses changes frequently and I would like to continuosly update templates to reflect the most updated information and have everyone enrolled in a sequence be AUTOMATICALLY updated. If I have to go back and change each enrolled person, then what is even the point of automation anyway?? I might as well just send them all templates individually and risk losing track of people. I feel this is a HUGE flaw in the HubSpot system.

clovria
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone,

This feature currently exists in Sequences. After enrolling a contact, you can edit the content of the emails and the scheduled date time of emails that are scheduled to send. There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. On the contact record - if you're on the contact record in HubSpot, you can hover over the Sequence event on the contact's timeline and click Edit Sequence.
  2. In the Sequence - navigate to the Sequences homepage and click into the Scheduled tab. Locate the contact and sequence email you wish to edit and click the Edit button. 

Best,

Caitlin