HubSpot Ideas

adamvlaw

Easy Attach Ticket/Contact/Company/Deal Attachment to an Email

If one of our users attaches an attachment to a ticket/contact/company/deal that we request (i.e. an invoice for a customer), why do I have to download that attachment to my computer and then re-attach it to an email written to the customer in that ticket? Why is there no option to just attach an attachment that already exists for that ticket? This seems like an obvious function. Please help.

11 Replies
andrew_thomas
Participant

For portals with a significant number of files, this would prevent us from having to search all files. Two good options would be a "related files/attachments" filter in the existing file browser that woulf filter down to items related to the specific ticket or contact or company (maybe these could be options). Another idea from a team member was making the files on the record something you can drag and drop to the email.

In either case, we need a more efficient way to manage forwarding attachments from our portal. 

CGates1

Totally agree with this, we are newer to using hubspot for our CRM and it is really slowing us down not being able to drag/drop or utilize the existing attachments in a ticket for reference in new emails. 

KGreenwood

Really need this drag/drop function. This is crucial to effecieny in our companies workflow. 

CBerwick
Participant

Same here. How attachments work in tickets is causing a lot of inefficiencies for us. We need to have attachments that come through to tickets via forms be available for emailing as well as attachments that come into the ticket via email. Also, currently if an attachments comes into the ticket via email and then I'm downloading it and re-uploading for use on a different email on that same ticket, the attachment now appears twice on the ticket and both are unusable. We are using tickets for RMAs so being able to quickly turn around photos of damage or call tags is a basic need.

esealpha
Contributor

Just had one of my users ask me about the reverse of this today for Tickets and Deals. When an email with an attachment is associated with a Ticket or Deal, they have to download and then upload the attachment so that it appears as part of the Ticket or Deal. Even though the email is there with the attachment. It's a lot more difficult to find an attachment in an email than it is in the attachments section.

THahn7

Great Idea, would need that too!

KRobertsson

We wouid really need this as well!
We create tickets and deals with a lot of attachments and then we have some email templates for standard emails that should be sent but there is no way of attaching the attachements from the record. sooooo annoying that first having to download to you own computer before you upload again.

Really strange that this is not implemented yet. 

KReed4
Participant

Couldn't agree more.  This has been a complaint with our users as well.  I am suprised as well that it hasn't been addressed and implemented as well. Drag and drop feature would be great.  

DGeurtsen
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would like to see a solution for adding/deleting an attachment, now an attachment must first be downloaded, saved and re-uploaded if it is to be added to another mail. (See also above)

Since this happens frequently our customers with a large cusomer service department, the current workflow within HubSpot is a very cumbersome process that takes a lot of time. Do the math on what it costs per operation per employee.

We install HubSpot Service at our customers precisely because of reducing manual work, increasing efficiency and reducing personnel costs.

Please find a solution soon, because at the moment it is a source of irritation for customers.

FlorianNeumann

I would like to see such a feature as well. In the e-Mail Editor when cliking on the paperclick and searching from already uploaded attachments the ones linked to the current context (Ticket, Customer, Companye, ....) should be visualized in a priorized way.

Best 

Florian

FPalmisano
Participant

This would be highly beneficial to have.

It's time consuming to download and re-upload in the system. Additionally, it increases the number of files in the system.